Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's not enough food for the money I'm paying toward your paycheck!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Estil View Post
    That too, is one of my pet peeves, especially if management gives us that whole "it's the customers that make your paycheck" lecture. While that is true to a point, the whole truth is that the customer's money really goes to the big corporate offices and then after they and management take their huge pieces of that pie, we happen to get whatever leftover bread crumbs there are. Folks, we don't earn commission or tips (at a grocery store at least); only the big wigs really benefit from "record profits/sales"; we generally don't get a damn thing other than the standard super low hourly part time wage (my store is VERY stingy about full-time status; we have people who've been here 5-10 years and are still on part-time. And we're supposed to be a UNION place! Go figure. :P

Well that's not true, sometimes you get a nice, canned thank you letter from management for all your "dedication and hard work" in attaining those record profits.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
      my store is VERY stingy about full-time status; we have people who've been here 5-10 years and are still on part-time.
      Mine was the same way. They'd schedule me 39 hours a week, so they could get the most out of me without having to give me full-time pay or benefits (part time had no benefits whatsoever. If I would have gotten injured or seriously sick, I'd be SOL.) Then they acted surprised when I quit them for another crappy retail job, but one that offered full-time pay and benefits.

Funny, toward the end of my time there, the manager told me that he could have gotten me a raise if I had asked. Not benefits, mind you; and certainly not as much pay as the new job was offering. When I told him that, he just said, "Oh, OK", and walked away.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
        Well that's not true, sometimes you get a nice, canned thank you letter from management for all your "dedication and hard work" in attaining those record profits.
        Oh yay! Just what I always wanted....another kitty litterbox liner

But seriously. Don't companies realize that if there's no incentive to do better, eventually nobody cares? People will put forth the minimum effort necessary, and that's it.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          People will put forth the minimum effort necessary, and that's it.
          "It's not that I'm lazy, Bob. It's just that I don't care."
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
          X