This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You gave me the wrong change and How dare you drop my credit card!"

More craziness from my stint at the art store!

Cast of Characters:

ANM=Awesome Night Manager
    Me=
    SC=You know who!

It was a normal night, not too busy, but not dead either. ANM was at the register ringing up this lady and her purchase. I was right beside ANM stocking bags and refilling the register printers. Saw briefly the customer hand ANM a ten dollar bill and the 'cha ching' of the register. ANM gave the lady her change back and closes the register:

SC: Excuse me, but you short changed me.
    ANM: Hmm let me see...'counts change' No this looks right.
    SC: It is not!
    ANM: How so?
    SC: I gave you a twenty!
    ANM: No you didn't.
    SC: Yes I did!
    ANM: 'Asks me' ExArtShopSlave, did you see me take a twenty?
    Me: No, I saw you take a ten.
    SC: I WANT YOUR MANAGER!
    ANM......Mam....I AM the manager!
    SC: Well I want YOUR boss!
    ANM: Mam, you gave me a ten, plus it is 8pm. MY boss wont be back until tomorrow!
    SC: FINE! I'll come back tomorrow and complain then!
    Me and ANM: Bye!

Side note: We counted the tills and they balanced out perfectly that night. We also left a headsup to the big boss, as well as the till printouts for that night. Funny how we never heard or saw this lady again.

Bonus Story Fun Time!

This story involves the same cast of characters from the first story. Well, except the SC is a different lady this time, but an SC is an SC, right?!?!

Same scene as before, me and ANM are at the registers, only I am ringing up a customer this time as well.

I finish with my customer, give him his receipt and bag his items. He is sent on his merry way. I go over and offer to bag ANM's customers items, to which she agrees to.

ANM takes SC's credit card, accidently drops it on the floor, picks it up and continues to do the transaction.

SC: Excuse me, but what did you just do to my card?
    ANM: Oh, I am sorry, but I dropped it. I will just be another minute.
    SC: Well what was that hand swiping action you did with my card behind the counter there?

ANM and I look at each other....

ANM: I am sorry? I don't know what you mean.
    SC: You just SWIPED my card! You're trying to STEAL my credit card info!
    ANM: 'Loss for words'
    Me: No mam, she just dropped it an picked it up.
    SC: I don't believe you. What do you have behind your register?
    Me: Its a cash register and computer, that's it.
    SC: Well, she swiped my card! I SAW her!
    Me: Mam, we don't have any machine that would allow us to do that....
    SC: You're lying!
    Me: Mam, I invite you to take a look. Here. 'Opens swing door.'

Note: We were allowed to bring customers behind the tills to look at merchandise we had there. With supervision of course!

SC: Well, I don't know what I'd be looking for!
    Me: Quite frankly mam, neither do I, but you SEEM to know what you're talking about!
    SC: Oh, forget it! But I WILL be checking my credit card bill and if there is a problem, I WILL be back. I AM NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN!
    Me and ANM: Ok. Bye!

Sorry for the long post, but hope you liked!

ExArtShopSlave

The last story can only be explained by that peculiar form of crazy paranoia unique to SCs...
    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Every time someone says "I am never shopping here again!" I keep waiting for the retort of "Can we get that in writing, please, sir/ma'am?"
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

"I'm never shopping here again"
        "We can only hope"
        "Is that a promise?"
        "Can you sign this form please? If you shop here again you will be in violation of contract and we will demand restitution"

Comment

Every SC says "I'm never shopping here again!". Then you see them the very next day...lol.

Comment

was the last one wearing tin foil anywhere, by chance??
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Okay, to be fair, there have been cases where an employee has been found to have a card-scanning device and using it to get information off of customer's cards. However, such devices are, typically, the size of a smart-phone, and the customer seemed to think that the ANM was using something larger, where the swiping motion would be obvious, even though she also said she had no idea what to look for.

Comment

That last woman, ack!

I had a ?customer? accuse me of stealing her Amex card when I was working at Nordstrom. She even went down and complained about me. Thankfully, they didn't take it seriously, as she was part of a known crew of thieves. I think she may have been trying to get back at me, because I made it difficult for her to return the stolen merchandise, making her jump through every hoop I could, and calling security every time she showed up.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

And yet she "saw" the manager making a "swiping motion" with the card. SC is delusional.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I love the old "I'm never shopping here again". Ranks right up there with "I know the boss"

Comment

reguarding the second story:
                      they bitch if we ID them, the bitch if we DO NOT ID them, they bitch if they have to swipe the card themselves, they bitch if we have to swipe the card, they bitch if THEY throw the card at us and we drop it, they accuse us of theft, they accuse us of double charging, etc.

you can''t win for losing
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I once was crazied at when I lifted the card. Apparently I was 'snapping' it. You can't even when for doing anything at all ever.

Comment

Quoth ExArtShopSlave View Post
                          Sorry for the long post, but hope you liked!

ExArtShopSlave
                          Why does everyone apologize for long posts... Long posts are AWESOME!!!!

There Can Be Only One

Comment

Quoth ExArtShopSlave View Post
                            This story involves the same cast of characters from the first story. Well, except the SC is a different lady this time, but an SC is an SC, right?!?!
                            I have this long-standing theory that I just came up with: All SC's are really the same vile, evil entity (NOT a "soul", as we all know that SC's don't have those) that hops back and forth at will amongst numerous bodies at high velocity. Hence the "suck" as the entity is pulled out of one body that it has corrupted and moves on to the next. This creature has been around for millenia, and this explains how it can -- with a straight face -- say that it has been shopping at X location for longer than it has been open (it shopped at the prior place); it shops there "all the time" (and thus, there's no need to ID it) even tho you've never seen this particular victim/carrier before; and how it claims to "know the boss", as it's probably terrorized him when the current boss was working on the lines decades ago...
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I love this sort of people, I look at them and go, we just fired two people for not showing up, they can't afford to lose me and you are making me want to stand up and say I QUIT..... Do you want to rethink saying you will have my job? I mean once I walk out this door your gonna be prosecuted for stealing gas if you leave before someone finishes the transaction. SAY it with me "You poor abused cashier have the power, i am at your whim, I am your bitch"

Actually, I just say, sure go ahead, but that response would be so much better.

As far as swiping credits cards to steal them I wanted to tell the one woman, if your going to stereotype me because of 20/20 and other horrible min wages workers, I'll point out that most people who have the credit card from the bank at wal-mart do not have enough money for me to bother stealing, and well, I would more opt to screw over the guy with a cadalaic who pulled in VS you, with twine holding your tailgate up, and the is that FOUR colors of paint I see? What I am trying to say is, your not worth the effort to rip off, so you can get off your soapbox!!!
                              I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Working...
                              X