This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    Not sure what they're hoping for though...
    To not be predisposed to develop lung cancer?

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
    Oleander?
    Arsenic. The nicotine should cover the flavor, right?

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      or they just want to play "The Game" (copyrighted by me) with you.
      I think every place that sells sigs should be allowed to post a nice big sign:

"If it takes more than 2 tries for us to figure out which cigs to give you, you lose your turn. Go to the back of the line and try again. Next time, TELL us exactly what you want the first time!"
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

"If it takes more than 2 tries for us to figure out which cigs to give you, you lose your turn. Go to the back of the line and try again. Next time, TELL us exactly what you want the first time!"
        THIS oh Gods THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

I'd love to see this type of sign at each and every register at my store. Had a ding-dong yesterday who asked for a carton of Winston lights kings.

I have a habit of repeating what they say back to make sure that is what they are asking for (and also b/c if it's noisy around me, I want to make sure I heard correctly.)

After repeating it back to him and he confirmed, I brought back the carton he asked for, only for him to say he asked for Winston white box (formerly ultra lights.)

I repeated what I had heard him say earlier and he said he may have said that but he meant the white carton.

Well, if you meant the white carton, why the hell didn't you say so to begin with, even after I'd repeated it back to you the first friggen time?

Frankly, I don't care if you're picking them up for your dog . . . either have it written down, an empty pack with you or, better still, let whoever is smoking them come get them themselves. I only go by what you say, as I have no idea of what you meant to say, nor am I a mind reader.

Dumbasses. At least I know exactly what I want when I go to purchase mine.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Absinthe? Belladonna? Iocane?
            There's arsenic and strychnine too!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
              There's arsenic and strychnine too!
              I'm fairly certain that most or all of these are available quite readily -- All I gotta do is go down to the French Quarter after dark and find the right out-of-the-way, unmarked shop...
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Absinthe? Belladonna? Iocane?
                Now that absinthe is legal again in the US, I'm tempted to try some. Although I'm not sure I want to go through the ritual involved in drinking it.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I think The Game (TM blas) is passive-agressive bullshit. The suckies are upset that the cigarettes are behind the counter or locked up so they're "getting back" at the store by making the process painful for the clerk.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    I'm fairly certain that most or all of these are available quite readily -- All I gotta do is go down to the French Quarter after dark and find the right out-of-the-way, unmarked shop...
                    Nah, both can be destilled from perfectly natural sources if you know how.

Actually, the are an alarming number of nasty things you can make from things you can find in your backyard or local park.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      Nah, both can be distilled from perfectly natural sources if you know how.
                      Yeah, but I'm lazy. That's why such shops exist. Sloth is the mother of invention, my friend...
                      Last edited by EricKei; 07-13-2011, 12:39 AM. Reason: fixed that for ya

Comment

I had at least 2 customers today ask for cigs and when I asked for clarification they repeated the same damn thing. Then I say 'Ok, do you want shorts or longs, soft pack or box.' And they cotton on to the fact that I need more info. (Both wanted brands that sell mostly menthol so that question was moot.)
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Oh dear Deity(S)!!!!!!!!!!!

Corporate raised the price of the cigarettes a whole 20 cents today!!!!!!! (We are still cheaper than most of the other stores/gas stations around here). You'd think the sky had fallen in.

But does that stop "Cigarettes" or "Pall Mall" or "Marlboro" when they get to the counter??? NO it merely gives them license to bitch even MORE ... because now I don't only magically know what they want, I am pocketing the price increase as well <end sarcasm>

Comment

The prices on most of our cigs have been so wonky lately that I no longer can give a price with and without tax on most of our stock. And I just finished the cig reset and the planogram doesn't have a dozen or so of our most popular cigs. Am I about to have to tell customers we won't be selling their favorite cigs anymore?

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                              The prices on most of our cigs have been so wonky lately that I no longer can give a price with and without tax on most of our stock. And I just finished the cig reset and the planogram doesn't have a dozen or so of our most popular cigs. Am I about to have to tell customers we won't be selling their favorite cigs anymore?

Oh hell no! RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Comment

Quoth Teefies2

Oh hell no! RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
                                True story: one day (a day I had off) I came by work on my way home and as I was passing the main register a customer was asking my coworker the price of a particular cig. I paused and turned toward them and said '$x.xx after tax' and continued on further in the store. It's reflex. Gah.

Comment

Working...
                                X