This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well , it finally happened.....

I got ROBBED tonight! By three punks in masks, one with an aluminum bat. No guns that I could see. They got about $900. Here's the funny parts though! After they got the money, one of them started yelling "the camera, the camera". So the one with the bat smashes the monitor...dumbass . Missed my head by inches. Then they were all trying to get out the door at the same time. Looked like the Three Stooges! As soon as they left I called 911. Then my boss. Yes, I was shaken up. Bat guy almost swung on me 2 or 3 times. I know they were from around here too, they were on foot. I'm sure they were kids, maybe 16-18. This was only the second time in my life that I have been that scared. The first was when one of our helicopters almost landed on top of me during a Vert-rep on the flight deck.

It was really weird putting down $5 as cash on hand. That's only because I bought myself a six-pack.....boy did I need it. Whew, what a night! That TOTALLY blew away everybody that had tons of change or paid for $2 worth of junk with a $20. I've calmed down now, trying to think of anything else for the cops. I doubt they ever catch them. Crap, I meant to put this in General, mods move if you want.
    Last edited by stickycoins; 07-20-2006, 07:48 AM.
    USN Retired

omg i'm so glad you're ok. you might want to get intouch with a victim's group to help you work through some of that. but im so glad you're not hurt

Comment

Are you ok now?

Karma will eventually catch up to those kids...probably in the form of a rather large prisoner named Bubba in Cellblock C who hasnt had any....ummm....entertainment for awhile.

Comment

Argh! Thank goodness you're all right! What an awful experance!
        I no longer fear HELL.
        I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Sorry you had to go through that, stickycoins. Hope you're all right, both physically and emotionally.
          My Fanfic Page
          My Fiction Page
          My Social Group
          My Pet Social Group
          My You Tube Channel

Comment

That really really sucks. I hope they catch those as*holes, I hope you're alright
            KAHN: I thought being smart person in Texas set her apart.

KAHN: If my girl doesn't wrestle, I'll show you who put the sue in Souphanousinphone!

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm ok. I thought it was kinda funny that one of the cops asked if I needed the paramedics. Yeah I was shaking, but anybody would be after that. I told him I did 20 years in the Navy and had been through worse than that. I bet I get everybody in the neighborhood in there tomorrow to find out what happened. There were at least 6 cop cars, K-9 unit, forensics, plus 2 unmarked detective cars. It was quite a scene. But get this, people were STILL trying to come in! Cops were waving them off and they just didn't get it. If I were to go somewhere and saw all the cops I think I would wait till later or go somewhere else.
              USN Retired

Comment

that sucks sticky coins... i hope your ok!!

I hope the scum suckers get caught and thrown in klink!!
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

:comforting pats: there, there, Stickycoins™®

Never underestimate the sucky/stupid customer's need for smokey treats/booze/whatever...even if the store is robbed, there's no power, the place was blown up...
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The detectives said they were gonna bring some pics tomorrow. The only one I will probably be able to identify will be the white one, I got a VERY good look at his eyes even tho he had his t-shirt pulled up over his mouth and nose and a beater wrapped around his head. The dog found the beater down the street. The other 2 were black and had black panty hose/doo rags over their faces. They were also stupid enough to not wear gloves. The store is covered in fingerprint detector stuff. I left it that way. Not to be mean or anything but it happened at 9:30p and I close at 10p, didn't leave till 11:15p. You can bet your bottom dollar that I won't get paid for the extra time. I think I will go take some melatonin and try to get some sleep.
                    USN Retired

Comment

How scary!

I'm glad you're ok, and I hope they catch them!

Comment

Sorry to hear that; but good nothing happened to you.

Quoth Kiwi
                        I hope the scum suckers get caught and thrown in klink!!
                        Scum suckers? Sledge Hammer fan, Kiwi?
                        You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Glad to hear you are OK. Stuff like this makes me glad I'm taking my CCW class next month. (It's great living in a Shal-Issue state. ) Lots of robbers get caught and held by armed customers for the cops. You just don't hear about it in the news. (No blood, no death, no story.) Biggest problem for me will be deciding what handgun of mine to carry. 1911 for the winter, Bulldog in the summer is a good start I think. Bu then I need to give the CZ-52 some carry time as well as my C9. I could probably fit my 45 Colt Vaquero in my winter coat. *Sigh* life is so hard.

/Got to fire a .375 H&H Magnum at the range today.
                          //Shoulder doesn't hurt.
                          ///Very recoil tolerant.
                          ////Video taped it too.
                          "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth stickycoins
                            There were at least 6 cop cars, K-9 unit, forensics, plus 2 unmarked detective cars. It was quite a scene. But get this, people were STILL trying to come in! Cops were waving them off and they just didn't get it. If I were to go somewhere and saw all the cops I think I would wait till later or go somewhere else.
                            Glad you're okay Stickycoins, but I'm not surprised in the least actually as far as the customer's behaviour goes... Last Christmas on Boxing Day I believe, there was a shooting in Toronto while the streets were filled with post-Christmas shoppers. A girl died, several were injured. The streets were taped off and there were cops everywhere...

Instead of having genuine concern for their fellow man - people actually had the nerve to bitch because the stores they wanted to shop in were blocked off by police tape because they were a murder scene!

I think one of the people was quoted as being 'disappointed' because the CD they'd waited until after Christmas to get because it was on sale now - He couldn't get because the store was taped off and it was really 'inconvenient.'

Now if that's not the epitome of self-entitlement I don't know what is.

I hope they catch those jerks of yours StickyCoins, and from the sounds of it, they just might. Good luck!

Comment

Most criminals are stupid. This is how they get caught. Not wearing gloves for a blagging is about as stupid as it comes, so I suspect tehy WILL be caught, in fairly short order (and for $900? Big deal !)

However, the important thing is that at least you are safe and sound. You deserved your six-pack, for sure !

Stay safe.
                              A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                              - Dave Barry

Comment

Working...
                              X