This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in a milkshake

OK this is my first post but after reading what some other people went through I had to share this. This happened to me a few years ago while I was working at a Coldstone Creamery, for those who don't know that's an Ice cream shop. The first part of the encounter is pretty standerd but then it takes a turn.

IC: Idiot Customer
    Me: Me, duh.

Me: Welcome to Coldstone. Have you ever been here before? (we have to say that)
    IC: Yes I have, I want a chocolate Milkshake.
    Me: Yes Ma'am, what size would you like?
    IC: Large
    Me: Right away, you get one free mix in with that, what would you like?
    IC: I want oreos.
    Me: All right one Large Chocolate milkshake with oreos, That'll be ready in just a few minutes.
    *Proceeds to make milkshake and place on counter for IC*
    Me: There you go Ma'am, one Large Chocolate Milkshake with oreos, please pay at the register and enjoy your day.
    IC: Before I pay I need to know, Does this have any dairy products in it, 'cause I'm Lactose Intollerant.
    Me: *walks into backroom*

This was the last customer I served before changing my job duties. I'm told the Coldstone I worked at now uses this story to teach new employees how they should deal with this type of situation.
    Hospitality means we have to act hospitible to our guests and customers...but it doesn't mean we need to like them. - the worlds greatest professor

You mean a milkshake has milk in it? The hell ya say!

OK, I think that made my head

People like her are the reason they have those stupid warnings on the bags of nuts that say "May contain nuts."
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I'm SC intolerant myself.

What's in a milkshake, my left rear.
      "Shook milk, lady!"

(What's in a cowpie? Very little cow and absolutely NO pie!)
      ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

*twitching seizure from stupidity overload*

god, i'll never recoup from that cell count loss...
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I would laugh hysterically if I didn't break into serious coughing fits every time I do... *excersises much personal restraint*

What a moron.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

Took ya a few minutes to make a milkshake? I can whip one of those up in thirty seconds. Twenty if it's chocolate or vanilla. And we don't prep them before hand, we just scoop ice cream into metal cups and put them in the freezer.

Did she see you pouring milk into the cup?

Oh, and apparently she can walk into a place called the Creamery and expect to find products that do not contain dairy.
            Last edited by Sofar; 03-07-2007, 08:12 PM.
            You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

The store was new to the area and they're really popular where they are, usually. There were orders in front of hers which is why it took so long.
              Hospitality means we have to act hospitible to our guests and customers...but it doesn't mean we need to like them. - the worlds greatest professor

Comment

Okay, in a first for me at this board, I've just found a story that actually hurt to read. Also, I think half my brain just killed itself off in protest.

I'm not sure how you were able to just walk away (I probably would have started crying or yelling myself) but I congratulate you for it.
                my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

I was more dumbfounded than anything. I couldn't even fathom the idiocy that I had been faced with.

After I started working in the back away from customers, the front line employees would come to the back to blow off steam from the morons that came in.

Comment

Quoth atomikmoogle View Post
                    This was the last customer I served before changing my job duties. I'm told the Coldstone I worked at now uses this story to teach new employees how they should deal with this type of situation.
                    Now that's what I call fame.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      Now that's what I call fame.
                      Or infamy.

If she wanted a milkshake with no milk, why didn't she go to a McDonald's or a Wendy's that have that wierd low-lactose milk-like byproduct? Back when I worked at a fast-food joint, that's what we used. (Of course, I couldn't drink the milkshakes at first, lest I get, uh, "sick". )
                      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

*blink blink blink* ok and they say watching tv is bad for your brain. i think mine just commited suicide.
                        History repeats, the names and dates change, but its always the same old story.

Comment

Drrr........

I think you just broke my reasoning center. Conratulations.

Comment

It's more the fact that she didn't realize that the milkshakes we served included whole milk and ice cream (yea I know this is called a frapp by most of the country but this was in Jersey where we use our own language).

She had also watched me make the shake less than 4 feet away from her.

Comment

That's exactly what I'd expect a milkshake to be. I expect a frapp to be made with ice.

This is what I get for growing up in the '70's.
                              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                              HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
                              X