Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea but being a Hospitality manager major I tend to learn all the real definitions of foods and services. By literal definition a milkshake is just that. Usage in everyday events has added the assumption of ice cream.
    Hospitality means we have to act hospitible to our guests and customers...but it doesn't mean we need to like them. - the worlds greatest professor

Comment

Wow, I always wondered what idiots in this world were the reason that we had to see labels like "may contain milk" on cheese.

Comment

Frapps vs. shakes

Frappucinos are made with ice, special base mixed with milk, and flavoring. No ice cream at all.

Elle
        Ex-Starbucks Slave
        You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts.

"I hope you get hit by a bus and beaten by hockey-stick-wieldling pygmies." - IMA

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          People like her are the reason they have those stupid warnings on the bags of nuts that say "May contain nuts."
          nope it's because technically peanuts are NOT nuts, they're Legumes releated to peas and beans, and because they grow underground they're also classified as Tubers like a carrot or potato. That being said-they use the same machinery to shell peanuts ans they do to process Tree nuts-possible cross contamination, and allergy warning.

BlaqueKatt-who knows way too much, but still knows she knows nothing
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

That reminded me of a story my mom told me. She was a waitress at an upscale restaurant back in my hometown. A woman actually ordered an oyster frittata and then asked my mom if it had any shellfish in it because she was allergic. My mom said it took all her effort not to burst into laughter right then and there.
            My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

We had plenty of laughs in the backroom at the expence of the customers with stupid complaints, questions, or requests.

Ahhhh, good times, good times.
              Hospitality means we have to act hospitible to our guests and customers...but it doesn't mean we need to like them. - the worlds greatest professor

Comment

Quoth atomikmoogle View Post
                It's more the fact that she didn't realize that the milkshakes we served included whole milk and ice cream (yea I know this is called a frapp by most of the country but this was in Jersey where we use our own language).
                We do? I never heard of a frapp until I started working next door to a Starbux. I've lived in Jersey muh whole life (minus college and 1 year in Philly). Ya know, no one ever told me I get a free mix-in in my Coldstone shake....

Just out of curiosity, how are you in 2 states at once? I'm guessing you're in school, or do you have some crazy talent we've never heard of?
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I go to school in Mass at the University of Massachusetts - Amherst and have an apartment here, but my home is in VA.

As for the free mix-in maybe it was just my store, I don't know nor do I care at this point since I am no longer in their employ.

What part of Jersey are you in, I used to be in Union county.
                  Last edited by atomikmoogle; 03-07-2007, 10:58 PM.

Comment

I go to school in Mass at the University of Massachusetts - Amherst and have an apartment here, but my home is in VA.

As for the free mix-in maybe it was just my store, I don't know nor do I care at this point since I am no longer in their employ.

What part of Jersey are you in, I used to be in Union county.
                    I am central, but I still live here so I won't be too specific. Personally, I'd rather go get a half gallon of Breyers. If it's on sale it costs less than 1 milkshake I'll shake my own milk
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I totally agree the ice cream is all made in-store which makes it more expencive (I had to make it so I know that for a fact) but it was good. I only bought it cause I got the employee discount.

Comment

That person might be joshing you... If he is serious then he thinks he lives in a world where there is more rice milk than actual milk.
                        Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Argh. Ingredients should be cleared up BEFORE the making of an item takes place. I had an older customer order an iced chocolate from me a few weeks ago. So she pays for it and I go put in the flavor syrup, ice & milk. I bring it over and ask if she wants whipped cream on top, but instead I get, "oh, is that an iced chocolate?"

Me: Yes.
                          SC: At the other places it has ice cream too, and whipped cream, and it's bigger.
                          Me: You ordered a regular sized ice chocolate. It's chocolate milk on ice.
                          SC: Oh. Can I get a cappuccino insead?
                          Me: Fine. A standard sized cappuccino.
                          SC: Make it small sized.

So I make her drink.

SC: Don't I get 70 cents back? The prices are different.

At this point I realized that we should have a disclaimer, maybe "no refunds unless item differs from description or is otherwise faulty." Anyway I gave her 50 cents back, because she wasn't so good with the math. Only one other time have I re-made a drink, and it was cos the customers were expecting hothothot lattes, not just regular hot. But they were very nice about it.
                          Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
                          Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
                          <3 Arrested Development

Comment

(yea I know this is called a frapp by most of the country but this was in Jersey where we use our own language).
                            Huh? Whaddya mean most of the rest? That's what we call a milkshake here in NM. The best ones are from Blake's Lotaburger, but you can only get them in NM. Actually, milkshakes are all we really have. Unless you count the smoothies from Keva Juice....damn, now I want one!

EDIT: I had never heard of "frapp" until I was watching "The Secret Life of...." on the Food Channel and they did a show on ice cream and stuff made from it.
                            Last edited by Pagan; 03-08-2007, 06:27 AM.
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

The only place I have seen the word frapp is at Friendly's and thats only for the nasty runny shake. If you want a real shake, you have to order an extra-thick milkshake.
                              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                                A woman actually ordered an oyster frittata and then asked my mom if it had any shellfish in it because she was allergic. .
                                Oysters aren't shell fish, they are in the mollusk family. Most people who are allergic to shell fish can eat oysters, clams, muscles, etc. Like my father for one. So the lady probably more wanted to know are there any other ingredients (crab, lobster, shrimp) or are they cooked together.

Comment

Working...
                                X