X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was surreal... and stinky.

Horror Stories of Mc(Hades)hole

Hi all! This is my first work story on this board so I hope you all enjoy (not sure that's the right word for this particular story) this one!

-The Poopman Cometh-
    This happened maybe my second month working for McD's, a customer comes in and orders a coffee and after paying goes to the bathroom. Alright, not unusual, I pour his coffee and place it on the counter for when he returns in what I figure will be a couple of minutes and promptly forget about him as a rush hits with me being the only till person.

-Twenty Minutes Later-
    Last customer from rush leaves and I notice the coffee is still on the counter off to the side where I had put it. Strange, maybe he bought the coffee just so he was a paying customer to use the washroom. I dump the coffee and print a duplicate of his order so if he returns for the coffee I can make it quickly.

-Five Minutes After That-
    Customer emerges from bathroom and goes to condiment counter, I spot him and mix up his coffee. He comes and gets it, thanks me and turns to go sit down. As he walks away I notice a rather large brown stain on the seat of his grey track pants. I pray it's paint or chocolate or something. I don't say anything 'cause well I'm a chicken at this point in customer relations.

A man then comes to my counter looking quite angry holding his son in his arms. He tells me (quite politely but obviously displeased) that the Men's bathroom is covered in [excrement]. I apologize profusely and after checking the women's bathroom was empty allowed him to go in there with his child. I then check the guy's bathroom.

Holy (pardon the pun) crap...
    When this man said covered he meant COVERED. Every surface had some poop on it, it was in the urinals, it was overflowing in the toilet, in the sink on the floor it was EVERYWHERE. I very quickly locked the men's bathroom, put an out of order sign on it and got my manager.

Manager goes to look, then goes to the Yellow pages for the number of a local biological cleanup company.

As this is being done the gentleman with the coffee comes up and looks quite angry. He demands to know why the men's bathroom is locked. I explain that there appears to have been some sort of plumbing problem and the bathroom was currently covered in sewage...

Now you would think that he'd say something like 'Oh I see' or 'Wow', but no what he says is, 'Like the present I left for you f***ers?' then he laughs throws the coffee cup at the menu board and runs away!

I think that's about the time my brain broke...
    I mean WTF?!?!?!?!?!

And that was the first weird thing to happen to me at McDonald's. Sadly though not my last. After all, I was with them for four years *shudder*.

Later all!

-InverseHellion

but why

Why would anybody do that? What is WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!!!!
    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Too bad you can't make him clean it up. That is revolting! He shouldn't be allowed out in public. Maybe he was mentally ill? Then he REALLY shouldn't have been alone in public.

Comment

Yeah... but my manager couldn't even make *us* clean it up. Biological waste requires special permits to clean up. I was never happier than when she told me that.

Comment

Gotta have quick reflexes. The second he throws the cup, grab his neck and call for a manager.
          I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
          less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

That guy could have possibly been arrested for vandalism for doing something blatant as that.

Comment

WHY do people do things like that?!?!?!?

Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

And here I thought it was just going to be a story of a customer forgetting they ordered anything after going to the bathroom. You would not believe how many customers I had at McD's who would order, and wander off to the toilet. Meanwhile, I'd have run their order, called their name (we took names for the receipts, particularly when it was busy, so we wouldn't have to call out their order), and get absolutely nothing from the gathered crowd. Nobody would respond to the name, so, the order would be moved to the side. I'd get busy taking orders again, and an hour later, my mind would pick up on the fact that we still had a tray of breakfast foods sitting to the side, meanwhile, we're selling burgers already. So, the question would become, "Do we toss the food, or leave it there, in case the customer returns by some miracle of nature?" Cause, for those who don't know, once the switch from breakfast to lunch happens, we cannot make breakfast foods. If the person returns, their food would be cold, so, I guess the best that could've happened would be a refund.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

yeah, you're right, "enjoy" perhaps not the best word...

not quite on that scale but when I worked in Store1 we had quite a few messes especially in the men's room. I don't know what it is with the men's...
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

WHY do people do things like that?!?!?!?

Because they have a screw or 20 loose.

If I were the manager, I'd have banned him on the spot. First he shits all over the bathroom, then he throws his cup of coffee at the employees? If that's not enough to get you banned from someplace, then nothing is.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My question is who the hell wakes up and thinks "I think I'll head to MickeyD's today and take a giant shoite all over the bathroom and make a total biohazard of a mess.........and then throw coffee at the employees as I laugh at them because they will have to clean it up?"

Why is that man not secluded in a rubber room in shackles and in a diaper?!!?!
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

sadly its not the first time i have heard of this. my grade school teacher had a similar experence at a b&n before he became a teacher
                        History repeats, the names and dates change, but its always the same old story.

Comment

I would have has his poopy arse arrested for that and sued it for the cleanup costs.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                          ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

Why is that man not secluded in a rubber room in shackles and in a diaper?!!?!
                            Ummm, too much effort to hose down the walls and change the diapers?
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
                              The second he throws the cup, grab his neck and call for a manager.
                              After he took a massive shit and managed to get it all over the place, I'd be afraid to touch him.
                              "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                              -FSTDT

Comment

Working...
                              X