This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
    So...by that logic, by being connected via a shared bank...
    How about this: All stores accept cash issued by the US Government, therefore all stores have to help me with my problem, no matter which store I bought it from, because they all accept the same cash.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth SkullBash View Post
      THEN he explained his logic. He stated to me that he had a credit card issued from said former competitor, but since we used (repeat, USED, past tense) the same bank to issue OUR credit cards at the time, THAT was the magic connection that somehow made us responsible for this guy's stuff.
      I thought Six degrees of Kevin Bacon went out with the '90's.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        How about this: All stores accept cash issued by the US Government, therefore all stores have to help me with my problem, no matter which store I bought it from, because they all accept the same cash.
        Sadly there are a few loony-conspiracy theorists out there who DO believe that any place that DOES take government-issued cash is in cahoots with the New World Order (tm) and that's why we need to go back to the gold standard or bartering in animal hides so that we'll all be free again

Don't think about it too much, you'll only sprain a neuron
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I think I met that same SC today in the Big Box Store I work at.

SC lugs a pressure washer up to the returns counter

SC: I don't have a receipt but I bought this at this store a year ago and now it doesnt work. I want to exchange it for a new one.

Me: I'm sorry sir, but 1. our return policy on this type of equipment is 30 days. 2. We do not carry this brand, this brand is only carried by the Other Big Box Store two blocks down the road. 3. You will either have to call the manufacturer or take it to that Other Store.

SC: No. I bought it here and I want a new one.

Me: No. This was not purchased here. It is from the store down the road.

SC: But it doesn't work and I want to return it. I bought it here.

Me: Sir, even if you bought it here, you would still have to call the manufacturer to have it covered under warranty.

SC: Are you calling me a liar? Call your Manager!

Me: Ok.

Mgr: Sir, we can't do anything for you, try taking to the Other Big Box store down the street.

SC: Why????What are they going to do for me? I want this fixed!! Why can't I return it here????

15 minutes before the man finaly left the store. I'm pretty sure he still didn't believe us when he left.

Comment

Working...
          X