This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please god make them stop

To start off i work in a supermarket and i am on maternity leave since having my georgous boy 3 months ago

Anyway i still shop there for my weekly groceries and without fail i'll have customers stopping me while i shop and ask for help. Now i don't mind telling them what aisle an item is down but the ones where they want me to get something from the top shelf which requires getting a safety step from out the back.

This lovely exchange happened the other day.

Me - Me of course
    SC - Self explanitory

SC "You work here can you get (particular item) off of the top, i can't reach it"
    ME "I'm sorry but that means i have to get a step out of the back and at the moment i'm not allowed back there"

SC " Why not, i know you work here it would only take you a second"
    ME " For safety reasons i'm not allowed out the back when i'm not working. The (grocery guys name) will be happy to help you out with that.
    SC "You're just being lazy, let me tell you your manager will hear about how unhelpful you are"

And off she storms to go complain to the manager.

SC to manager " That lady is being completley unhelpful, she won't get my item off of the top shelf for me"
    Manager "Ma am, she is not obliged to help you at all since she is on leave and is not working at the moment"
    SC "The service here is absolutley SHIT, i'm telling all my friends and family never to shop here again"
    Me "Don't let the door hit you on the way out"
    SC "Bitch"

So sc leaves to tell everyone how the non working employee didn't helping her

Manager says " What a cow, no great loss there"

My manager rocks

I've even had customers tell me to open a register to serve them because it was busy.

Not on your life buddy.

Just curious, do you wear a uniform at your work, or just an apron over clothes?

Bonus points if it's a full uniform with 3 or 4 store logos on it.

People don't believe I work there and I wear 4 store logos on me, yet when I go to Dollarama everybody wants my help.

My uniform is red and theirs is green.

Nuff said.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Our uniform is blue shirt with logo and black pants.

When i walk into kmart in that uniform i get asked alot of questions and normally are not believed i don't work there until i point out the logo, but since the two store are owned by the same people they think i should know where everything is.

One sells food the other sells clothes you would think they could tell the difference

Comment

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post

One sells food the other sells clothes you would think they could tell the difference
        Think being the operative word and we all know they can't do that...!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well....aside from your baby in the cart with you, if they still insist that you're clocked in and at work, you could lift up your shirt and say "Look bucko, I just had a BABY for cripes sakes! I'm not going to climb to the top shelf for you. I am on M A T E R N I T Y L E A V E. Good day to you!"
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oh, by the way, on the

Comment

I wish SCs would get a clue that they world does not revolve around them.

Stupid people.

I wonder what would have happened if you'd also had a cast on your arm.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                I wonder what would have happened if you'd also had a cast on your arm.
                They'd clearly think you were just being lazy! Having a cast on your arm is no excuse for you to not get the 60 pound bag of salt for them!

Especially if you're not on the clock. If you're not on the clock, you're not busy helping *other* customers so you can help *them* instead!
                Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                  People don't believe I work there and I wear 4 store logos on me, yet when I go to Dollarama everybody wants my help.

My uniform is red and theirs is green.

Nuff said.
                  I didn't think there were that many color-blind people out there!
                  Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
                  - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Quoth ForestDragon View Post
                    I didn't think there were that many color-blind people out there!
                    Incidentally, my manager is colorblind. Yet she can still make the difference between a provigo uniform (full body uniform complete with full body apron and ballcap) and a dollar store uniform (green waist apron thrown on civilian clothes. I think only managers have an actual light grey Dollar Store shirt).

The imperative word here is BLIND. Customers here have no concept of "neck turning" or "180 vision".

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

color blindness must run rampant everywhere because I've gone into another store in my full uniforn with my store's name emblazoned on the apron, black and white the colors and I get stopped in a store where the uniforms are blue

Comment

Oy, this happened a lot when I was at Kroger. I'd be just stepping out of the back after clocking out and there's some vulture waiting right outside the door. "Can you tell me where...? Can you get....? Why don't you people have....?"

And of course, on my days off doing my own shopping, I'd get the whiners asking me to go open a lane. Yeah, I'm sure the girls in the cash office would just love me for that. Plus, if I were going to open a lane, I'd check myself out and then

The funniest thing was when I was in Video. I was just going in one night to pick up a few things when this woman pulled up to me in the parking lot. She probably thought I was on my was in to work (though the department closed at 10 and this was like 9:30), and asked me if I'd mind taking this VCR she rented in for her on my way. She said she'd do it herself, but she ripped her pants and didn't want to walk through the store. Intrigued, I took it in and handed it to one of my girls (I was the assistant manager. The actual department manager was a moron. It was my department as far as just about everyone was concerned, but that's a story for another day) and we looked it up. And wouldn't you know? This VCR had been rented out 6 prior and she owed us something like $1800! The department had written the equipment off as a loss years before I even started working there, but this woman seemed to think we'd been waiting for her and that as soon as she set foot in the store with the VCR, cops would pop out of the ceiling and haul her away.
                        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

don't reply

I think you should just ignore people who question you on your day off.
                          Last edited by Ackee; 03-15-2007, 07:48 AM.
                          ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                          Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

I never wore any kind of uniform (beyond my name tag, and I avoided wearing that whenever possible, too) for work and I had a guy in Target ask me for help. Twice. In 5 minutes. And no, I did not happen to be wearing a red shirt and khakis, either. Last time (only time) I wore a uniform was in college, and it was just a little campus place, we wore a blue t-shirt that said "The Jay's Nest" and jeans or whatever, and whatever hat we wanted. (Our school mascot is the blue jay. He's a "scrappy, fighting bird" according to the student handbook hehe.)

Comment

Quoth AZangel View Post
                              color blindness must run rampant everywhere because I've gone into another store in my full uniforn with my store's name emblazoned on the apron, black and white the colors and I get stopped in a store where the uniforms are blue
                              SELECTIVE color blindness. And an inability to recognize logos. Very serious condition. Hits people with an IQ lower than FERN.

Comment

Working...
                              X