X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Drakstern View Post
    It's Inspector Gadget.
    Free cookie* to whoever can first say who the character is based upon.

*Winner must pick up cookie by appointment.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

The character of Inspector Gadget? Based on Maxwell Smart, of the show Get Smart. The voice acting in the cartoon was actually a dead giveaway, as, I believe, they actually had the actor, or at least a sound-alike, voice act him.
      Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

I think he even said "Would you believe....?"
        "Sir, I'm afraid that our warranty does not cover hauntings"

Comment

Perhaps a better analogy would be calling the Orville Redenbacher people and asking for help with your microwave, no?

*Hides from Gravekeeper's M.A.D.D. agents*
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Arcade Man D View Post
            The character of Inspector Gadget? Based on Maxwell Smart, of the show Get Smart. The voice acting in the cartoon was actually a dead giveaway, as, I believe, they actually had the actor, or at least a sound-alike, voice act him.
            Could've sworn Casey Kasem did the voice for Inspector Gadget, just like he did all the 'out there' voices for cartoons in the 80's, Scooby Doo, and Shaggy, a handful of Smurfs, and a couple others I know I'm forgetting.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              Could've sworn Casey Kasem did the voice for Inspector Gadget, just like he did all the 'out there' voices for cartoons in the 80's, Scooby Doo, and Shaggy, a handful of Smurfs, and a couple others I know I'm forgetting.
              Nope, it was in fact Don Adams (aka Maxwell Smart) that voiced Gadget.

Wikipedia knows all~!

Comment

Working...
              X