Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My doctor says I wouldn't have so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger outta there!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My doctor says I wouldn't have so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger outta there!

O.K., here's the scene. I'm at work, wearing a white button up shirt and my saucy black polyester vest, And my bow-tie. (why yes, I am sex on legs, why do you ask?). Out of nowhere I get a streaming nosebleed. Not a dribble-down-your face-but-you-still-have-time-to-get-a-tissue-nosebleed. More of a remember-that-scene-from-the-Shining-with-the-blood-in-the-elevators- nosebleed.
    White shirt is now splashed with red. I grab a napkin, tilt my head back and start to shuffle to the bathroom when a patron in the corner stands up and walks over to me. I assume it's to make sure my brain hasn't liquifed or to see if I need a hand navigating all the 8 million armchairs and sofas that I can't see because of the BLOOD GUSHING FROM MY FACE (I'm so stupid. I never learn.)
    He walks up to me and says..."Can I have a Heineken?"

Wow.
    Last edited by I am the Lizard Queen!!; 09-24-2012, 08:31 PM.
    "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

That's the point where you sneeze ... because of course all that liquid is tickling your nose ... and spew a lovely blood spatter pattern all over HIS shirt.

"Why yes, sir, I will get you wod ibediately ..."

After which you produce a second *AAHHHHCHOOOO* before you shuffle off to deal with the problem that really IS a problem ...

Comment

First aid bit; Never tilt your head back when you have a nosebleed; tilt it forwards and pinch at the bridge of the nose, so as to prevent any blood trickling down your throat (Coughing/choking hazard).

Comment

So, do you like...stuff?
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

So, do you like...stuff?
          I Choo-choo-CHOOSE you! (and there's a picture of a TRAIN!)

That's the point where you sneeze
          If only I could sneeze on command, or even better, vomit! Take that!
          "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

Comment

Quoth I am the Lizard Queen!! View Post
            I Choo-choo-CHOOSE you! (and there's a picture of a TRAIN!)

If only I could sneeze on command, or even better, vomit! Take that!
            Swallow the blood and the vomit will follow
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I've had those types of nose bleeds before. Customer's aren't so forgiving if your handing them mail and looking like you just bit the last guy for a quick snack. Ruined three good work shirts that way. *sighs*

Comment

Eww, thanks for the reminder: Cold weather + office heating/dry air = nose bleeds.

Another reason I hate winter...

Hope your nose is all better now, though! Stupid customers...wonder if that Heineken would have fit up HIS nose?
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
                  Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                  Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                  Fiancee: What?!
                  Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                    I've had those types of nose bleeds before. Customer's aren't so forgiving if your handing them mail and looking like you just bit the last guy for a quick snack. Ruined three good work shirts that way. *sighs*
                    A good soak in a protein-removing nappy (diaper) cleaner will usually remove blood from cloth.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      A good soak in a protein-removing nappy (diaper) cleaner will usually remove blood from cloth.
                      Dont have the shirts anymore but I'll keep that in mind for next time cause I know there will be a next time.

Comment

Me fail English? That's unpossible!
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

How self-centered do you have to be to ask for a beer from someone who is bleeding profusely?!
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Hydrogen peroxide is good for getting blood out of fabric as well. I have had to use it SO many times because I bleed for no reason.
                            Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                            http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
                              Hydrogen peroxide is good for getting blood out of fabric as well. I have had to use it SO many times because I bleed for no reason.
                              Here's how I get blood out of my uniforms:

Soak in cold water for at least 15 minutes.

Then soak the affected part in a part peroxide, part cold water solution (1/2 and 1/2) for a few minutes, then quickly rinse well in cold water.

Then wash normally in cold water. Check to make sure the blood is out before you put it in the dryer. I usually will rub in a color safe bleach like Clorox 2 or spray in some Shout for good measure, and throw in some 20 Mule Team Borax as a whitener.

It usually works every time. You have to be careful with peroxide. It can yellow whites, and fade colors much like bleach does (which is why it's used to lighten hair).

I wear white to work all the time. And get blood (and other things) on them all the time. Nurse, you know.
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X