Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My doctor says I wouldn't have so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger outta there!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me fail English? That's unpossible!
    Yes, and it's too bad I was too indisposed to serve him. I guess it was TS for him! (cut to tethered swimming)

I am still astounded at the selfishness of a lot if people. You'd think I would have it figured out by now, but.....nope.

And, ooh , laundry tips! One of my best friends made me set my red wine down at a completely different table before I gave her a hug in her wedding dress this wknd because my rep for spillage klutziness is epic!
    (She was right to do it)
    Last edited by I am the Lizard Queen!!; 09-25-2012, 05:21 AM.
    "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

Comment

I haven't tried it on blood stains, but those sprays that are meant to break down pet pee/poo in carpets work on a lot of things.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
        Here's how I get blood out of my uniforms:

Soak in cold water for at least 15 minutes. <Snip>

I wear white to work all the time. And get blood (and other things) on them all the time. Nurse, you know.
        Dammit - you beat me too it (although I generally soak a bit longer

You're a nurse & they give you white - what genius made that decision?
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post

You're a nurse & they give you white - what genius made that decision?
          Probably because the only color blood wouldn't show up on would be... blood red, or black. I think a lot of patients would be really uncomfortable being treated by someone wearing the colors of death.

I probably wouldn't notice, but there are a lot of sensitive people.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
            Hydrogen peroxide is good for getting blood out of fabric as well. I have had to use it SO many times because I bleed for no reason.
            That's how the shirts got ruined. Instead of just eating away at the stain it also took the color too.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
              Probably because the only color blood wouldn't show up on would be... blood red, or black.
              White was probably chosen because it could be bleached. When I worked at the hospital, most of the nurses wore scrubs of various colors, mostly turquoise or burgundy. I don't think blood would show on burgundy, or navy blue either.

Or what the heck, wear tie-dye scrubs and let the stains become part of the pattern!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Or what the heck, wear tie-dye scrubs and let the stains become part of the pattern!
                That was the surgical standard, pre-Semmelweis.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  How self-centered do you have to be to ask for a beer from someone who is bleeding profusely?!
                  At least ask for a decent beer. Heineken sucks.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    At least ask for a decent beer. Heineken sucks.
                    Would you rather he asked for PBR?
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      Would you rather he asked for PBR?
                      Or maybe Shaefer????

Back in the day it was $3 a 12-pack when the major brands were around $7

Or would you like a Stag??

Or maybe a nice refreshing BILLY Beer
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        Or maybe Shaefer????

Back in the day it was $3 a 12-pack when the major brands were around $7

Or would you like a Stag??

Or maybe a nice refreshing BILLY Beer
                        Or even worse, Coors Light or Steel Reserve lol.
                        If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

For anything organic (blood, feces, pus, etc) hydrogen peroxide is the thing to use. Soak the item in it if necessary. Just don't do so for long, rinse with cold water, avoid sunshine while drying (sun will burn the fabric)

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            How self-centered do you have to be to ask for a beer from someone who is bleeding profusely?!
                            How many times have we heard of SC's being that self-absorbed before here?

Which, in retrospect, is like asking that age old question "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?"

Hope you're feeling better, sid. I've had nosebleeds on occasion and they suck.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Taurus52 View Post
                              For anything organic (blood, feces, pus, etc) hydrogen peroxide is the thing to use. Soak the item in it if necessary. Just don't do so for long, rinse with cold water, avoid sunshine while drying (sun will burn the fabric)
                              It also can ruin fabrics, make sure to know how your fabric fares in a place where it may be hidden from view.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                                Eww, thanks for the reminder: Cold weather + office heating/dry air = nose bleeds.

Another reason I hate winter...

Hope your nose is all better now, though! Stupid customers...wonder if that Heineken would have fit up HIS nose?
                                I actually don't have problems in the winter. It's in the summer, in combination with my lovely allergies. Before monsoon season starts, it gets drier than dry here. I swear we get negative humidity sometimes. (We also went about 6-7 months with no rain last year. I'm not kidding.)

I just wish Neo-Synephrine jelly was still being made. I loved that stuff.
                                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                                X