This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupiest Question of the Year

I started this topic about two crashes ago, tracking the stupidest questions for each month to see exactly what was the Stupidest Question of 2006.

I had not restarted it since I had not gotten any really stupid questions........till today.

Today, July 21st, a day that was 106 degrees.

A lady called to ask if we had any Christmas lights in stock.

"First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

didn't you know, christmas is supposedly in july now
    Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

I think there are Christmas lights somewhere...oh, yeah, they're located in the section called "COME BACK IN 4 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!"
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Might have been planning a mid-summer Christmas. Do you do that over there? We do get a lot of mid-winter Christmas specials, deals, parties, restaurant themed nights, etc. But then, Christmas is traditionally seen as 'cold', and since it's mid-summer here in December, maybe we just try and get some of that 'white Christmas' feeling y'all get naturally.

Comment

We had St. Patricks Day in July at the racetrack...At least it brought in more customers.

Um, one of my co-workers got asked the other day if the beer in the ice was cold. When he was informed it was indeed cold, he asked if he could have one of the beers from her stock, that was warm. He didn't want a cold beer. Ew...

Some guy was ranting to me the other day about some stupid crap. He stopped mid-rant and said, "You don't really give a f***, do you?" I immediately replied, "Nope." You know you've been working too much retail when you can answer that question honestly.
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Today a customer requested some cut of meat (I forget what) that we carry both bone-in and boneless. She checked the price and asked for bone-in. As I was about to grab her one sge asks me if the bone in has a bone in it. After I tell her it, in fact, does have a bone, she decides to go with the boneless.

Comment

You haven't heard a stupid question until a person asks you "Is a quarter considered cash? Because I just shoved one in this slot marked "cash"." (at the self checkout) Now mind you, that slot marked cash is just like the bill acceptor on a vending machine. Surely we have seen thousands of those and would never assume to shove a quarter in there. That is what the vertical slot called "coins" is for. People some days....trying to kill us all with stupidity.
              Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

Nothing like working in cafe:

"So, what's an iced coffee?"

"What's the difference between hot and cold drinks?"

Yes, I get them, and many others, every day.

JF
                First Lesson I learned from working in a bookstore:
                People who can read are made of the same rudeness as those who cannot.

Comment

"Can you teach me how to use a keyboard?"

...need I say more...
                  "They have the internet on computers now?"
                  ~Homer Simpson

Another day at work, another broken desk

Comment

Someone asked me if we had any of the salt used to melts snow a couple weeks ago.

Ok, I know it's Canada, but no snow = no salt

The sad thing was I think it was around June 21, the EXACT MIDDLE OF SUMMER!

Another contender for me is "(long story about bank locked in all his money, his wife or neighbor or neighbor's wife (yeah, I tuned him out) died, credit cards are bad because they put you in debt like his lazy son, the world needs more religion)... so can I take some plants and pay you back double on Monday?"

Or...
                    Me: "Is there a PO number?"
                    Moron: "Yeah. Bob."
                    Me: *stares at my keyboard looking for the letter B... or any letter to be exact.*
                    free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

It would have to be a toss up:

"Could I get a copy of this? I need to fax it, but I want a copy to keep myself."

And

(picture me sitting in a completely dark control room at a TV station. The lights are out. The screens are out. All the little blinking lights are out. It's utterly silent. I'm sitting in the dark with the phone in my lap, so I can find it when my boss calls back to tell us what to do. It rings.

(little old lady's voice) "Do ya'll know you're off the air?"

Comment

I love when people ask me "What time does the 8:00 pirates start?" I like to go "8:00?"
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

So far, I have to go with either

1. A fellow helpdesker asks a customer to follw the wire from her TV to her wall outlet, and is asked "how do I do that?"

2. "I'm looking for a brochure that was published by [another company, who still exists and operates fully] in 1994, do you have any in stock? You were mentioned on the back page".

3. While troubleshooting a cable TV customer who had not gotten any signals to his TV for three months: "Is the SCART cable supposed to be hanging loose?" (FYI, the SCART is the cable that connects the TV to the cable decoder)
                          Any resemblance between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Comment

Quoth IhateCrappyTire
                            The sad thing was I think it was around June 21, the EXACT MIDDLE OF SUMMER!
                            Actually, that's the beginning of summer.

One of my favorites from when I was incarcirated....uh, working at the Victoria's Secret Call Center in Rio Rathole....

"What color is black?"
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I had something similar happen to me about 3 days ago... but I was the customer, and someone else was the employee. I was walking through the newsagent of our local shopping complex, looking for a book to buy, when I noticed the staff member there wearing a santa hat and a vest with 'season's greetings on it.

I'm not sure who was more confused, me or her....
                              3 Basic rules for ordering food.
                              - Order from the menu.
                              - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
                              - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Working...
                              X