This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm fat am I!!

OK, not sure if this is a sighting or a sucky customer, I think it's both. Can't say much as it might lead to my identity being discovered. But I can say that I had to deal with a potential customer the other day who, out right and to my face called me obese!

Her words "I mean, I know I need to loose weight, I'm aware I need to go back on a diet, but I'm old. You dear look like your a tad on the obese side, I think you could afford to loose a few kg, I mean your pretty fat and your young!"

that’s all I could do, I said nothing and just stood their. I felt like crying, it hurt so badly. I don't know why, it was a complete stranger telling me I'm fat. I'm size 14 (in Aus sizing which is about average) I'm about 5-6kg over the average weight for my height range, so yeah I’m a tad over weight, and I'm about 5 foot 7 and I've always had big hips and bulky shape even when I was at my lowest weight I didn't look like I was that thin. But I'm no where near obese, and I'm certainly NOT fat, and even if I was how dare she tell me that! How dare she talk to me like that! How dare she say that to a complete stranger to whom she doesn't know, she has no idea what saying that could do to me, or anyone for that matter....even if I was fat…who cares! You just DON’T SAY THAT! I don't know what her idea of skinny is, size 6, showing bones and ribs poking out! Maybe then she may think I was skinny.

Anyways, yeah it hurt to hear someone say that, really did, I think it would hurt any girl.
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

That one is easy, the SC is an asshole and for some odd sadistic reason takes enjoyment out of giving pain to others.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

A good "Excuse me, but I don't think that's any of your business." is always a handy phrase. Or even a shocked "I BEG your PARDON??" People don't expect that. It usually shakes them back into reality.

What a jerk.

People obsessing over weight drives me nuts. Especially if it's over someone else's weight.

I have this bombshell of a niece. She's blonde, blue eyed, fiercely intelligent, witty, hilarious. She's a big girl, healthy. Va-va-voom body, all curves. Runs in marathons. She's no thin thing. In fact, she's got some meat on her.

She's an athlete. She could kick ANYONE'S ass physically or mentally. What a woman!

Some of my relatives were on the verge of saying something about her weight. Can you even frigging imagine? Women, no less. I quickly spoke up, as if I didn't know where the conversation was going, and went off in a completely different direction. "Wow, yeah. You know she's training for a 21 mile marathon? She's running around outside right now! 21 miles! Man. She's really turned out to be something, hasn't she? Brains AND looks. Did you see her in that dress last night? What a dish! I hope my daughter is just like her!"

I think I got my point across.
      Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 04-18-2007, 03:53 AM. Reason: And ANOTHER thing.

Comment

It really isn't appropriate to comment on a stranger's weight, ever. Whether they're too skinny or too big, it's just plain outta line.

Don't take it to heart though, I've been called fat or chubby, but I've got friends and coworkers who think I'm perfect, as do I, at a US 12-14 with some serious hips.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Sound like SERIOUS passive-aggressive assholeism to me.

You should have made a comment like, "Yes, I guess you are right, but unlike you, I haven't hit even near my 90's yet, so I am not overly concerned. But thanks for your advice Grandma." Said in the sweetest tone you can.
          "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
          James from Pokémon.

Comment

Only once have I commented on a stranger's weight (well, coworker's); she said that she wanted to lose some weight, but I told her she looked fine.
            "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

If a potential customer of mine had said that to me, they would need a steak and a bag of ice right now

the makes me SO ANGRY
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I have been called fat before. Yeah I am over weight, but I am trying to lose.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Binky, I'm same size as you and I'm nowhere near obese.

You should have punched the tosser in the face.

Ultimately, nobody can make you feel inferior unless you allow them. His nastiness really should have no effect on your attitude for the day.
                  Last edited by Ree; 11-06-2008, 09:48 AM.
                  Total surrender
                  Your touch is so tender
                  Your skin is like water on a burning beach
                  And it brings me relief
                  "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

I have big hips too. I fondly refer to them as "gargantuan" I had issues with it when I was first growing into them but now, I am well aware that I am not fat, or large, or any such thing, merely fantastically aerodynamically curvaceous. (A cookie for whoever gets the reference!)

Binky, I definitely agree that Australian size 14 is about average. In some stores I get size 16 pants just to get them over my hips. Judging by what you said, you got nothin' to worry about.
                    I hope you are feeling better about this whole thing and can put that horrible woman out of your mind. Sounds like her idea of right weight is girls who don't hit puberty cos they don't eat enough

Hugs and choccies for you!
                    Last edited by Ree; 11-06-2008, 09:49 AM.
                    Re: Quiche.
                    Pie is manly.
                    Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
                    Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
                    So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

People like that make my blood boil people should take a good look at themselves first before comenting on anyone else, and definatley should NOT say anything like that to a stranger.

Size 14 isn't fat, i wish i was a 14, i'll get back to it one day

Comment

That sounds exactly like my run in with some woman calling me overweight and greedy. That is so awful you had to deal with her or someone like her (it does sound like a sighting). You sound about my size with much less height on my part. It's total BS.

Comment

Next time tell them...

"I may be a bit overweight, but you're a polesmoking asshole, and I can go to the gym."

M

rude mother@#$%ers like that need to be kicked in the crotch
                          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

*hugs you* There's nothing wrong with having some extra padding. Plenty of people out there prefer nice rounded curves to sticks.

Me, I can safely say I'm fat. Not just overweight, but fat. As in, twice normal weight. And actually, I'm more comfortable with my looks now than when I was just a bit heavy, because now there's no "lose a little weight" about it. Little weight my big fat rear.

Mongo's got it right. Yeah, you're cushioned, but they're a jerk, and a diet won't fix that.

Comment

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
                              Size 14 isn't fat, i wish i was a 14, i'll get back to it one day
                              According to a whiny celeb who's been on ET quite a bit lately, it's the end of the world and we're all gonna DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm a size 14 currently. I don't look it, but I am. I've been smaller, I've been larger. At this point in my life, I don't care anymore - I like myself the way I am.

I guess if some idiot celeb is going to whine about how she's afraid to leave her house b/c she's a size 14, by that token I should be able to call into work and tell them I'm too fat to come in.

Which wouldn't work, b/c our CSM is "ample" herself, as is our Grocery Manager.

Sheesh people . . . grow up and go do volunteer work if you're that bored.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X