Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah. Every time this comes up in any forum, most guys weigh in (no pun intended) with the opinion that they'll take cushion over bonyness any day.

Thankfully, there are a lot of institutions shying away from the unhealthy body images that are being portrayed by the media these days.

One of them is Dove, which has begun airing commercials featuring real women. One of their shampoo ads has a woman who is unapologetic about her fully grey hair, and another has a line of women in underwear are neither overly skinny, nor do they have perfect skin. It's refreshing.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Bah. Every time this comes up in any forum, most guys weigh in (no pun intended) with the opinion that they'll take anything they can get because they're desperate...
      Quoted and amended for the amusement of myself when thinking about EmoSmurf.

Rapscallion

Comment

Not right, Raps, not right....

*snicker*

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

A customer called me fat once. Now, completely disregarding that the heaviest I've ever been is 180, and currently weigh ~165 (Which is about right for me-20 years old, adult male, 5' 8", ect), that is not a smart thing to tell the guy who you're paying to fix your computer.

Needless to say it was not finished on time, or cheaply. And he had a deadline I made him lose, too. Geeks strike back, muthaf**ka!
          Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Not right, Raps, not right....

*snicker*

^-.-^
            You ought to meet EmoBoy. He may change your mind without him realising it.

Rapscallion

Comment

=O

Why is it that so much pressure is always put on women and their looks? And why is it women do it to each other? I like to have nice clothes and wear make up. I even enjoy Cosmopolitan, but I am nowhere near perfect. You can look fabulous no matter what size, shape or color you are!
              Check out my cosplay social group!
              http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

It's centuries of social programming.

I suspect that since the time of cavemen, woman have been abusing themselves in the effort to attract mates.

I've never had any patience with all that nonsese. Either people liked me (or didn't) for who I am, or they're just too shallow to be worth wasting time on.

^-.-^

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                  I weigh 220 and most people guess my weight at around 150 or 160, but that's because I've learned how to dress to minimize my body size (in theory, heh).

Not to mention, regardless of how big most of me is, the guys still like me, know why? Because I have 40D's that I didn't have to buy!
                  hey, you are saying the same thing i would be sayin... when 25lbs of your body mass is boobs and another 25 is hips, that makes you really like 150-175, doesn't it? most people are shocked to hear i am over 200 lbs becausei have an hourglass figure. 40 DD's baby, no silicone! despite a mstly positive self image, though i do feel i need to diet/exercise more. mostly because my blood pressure has been up. damn getting older!
                  "we're forced to bed, but we're free to dream." TTH

Comment

An aussie size 14 is a US 8. And it is the average size for australian women. Our size 6 is the same as the mega scary US size 0.

Size 14 is by no means obese and if someone had said to me what they said to you I would have thumped them. That is just rude!

Comment

Working...
                    X