X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To my good friends at Nintendo

Dear Nintendo :

Hi guys !!

How the hell are ya today ? Fine, you say ? Well, let me tell you about my day. Sheesh, I'll tell you about my week, month and year, too !! It would appear to me that gracing us with your lovely Wii gaming system has proven to be a bit of a challenge for you. Now, I understand that you may not have expected the demand for it that you got, but that's not why we're here today, a day we commonly refer to as Black Friday. I will begin by telling you about my day.

I got NO sleep at all
    I had to be to work at 4AM
    When I got there, about 1500 others had apparently decided to join in the fun, too
    And what was the first thing that came to my mind ? "Gee, I wonder how many of these ass clowns have been waiting here all night thinking we have Wii's ? "
    5AM came
    People came in
    I braced myself
    I got shoved and practically knocked over
    I got verbally ass kicked by at least 20 ass clowns
    That answered my question

Why is this relevant, you say ? Because this has been my day every day since the Wii came out. The endless phone calls. The endless people running in every morning with the same line dancing on the precipice of their lips-"You got any Wii's ?" The same barrage of shit that follows when you say "No, I'm sorry". Believe me, if I had anything to do with it, there would be Wii's for everybody. Sadly, I am but a mere pawn in your gaming charade.

Please, for the sake of not only my sanity, but the sanity of all of us gaming grunts, find it in your big corporate hearts to push out a few more of those things. Then I won't need to do this anymore

Sincerely,

ShootMePlease
    Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

The cheapest Wii on Amazon.com right now is $549 I thought about buying one, but I am waiting a little bit. I already have the 360 and PS3. I am just a Nintendo junkie and love their titles. Although, the Wii does not have a Starfox game out, or from what I can see planned for the future

Sorry you had to deal with all of those people. I can't believe our society is becoming more and more primitive instead of civil. You'd think people would learn to behave like adults, but that is the SC world we live in.

Comment

I've almost gotten used to that question. I get asked about ten times every hour I work.

And you know, what pisses me off is that Nintendo probably has a giant warehouse stocked full of the damn things but they won't send them out to our stores because they know they can keep the demand up that way.

I love it the best when a customer lies and says, "But soandso said you'd have some today!" (we never get told when we're getting any in, really) like telling me that will make some magically appear in the stockroom.
      Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth marty View Post

I love it the best when a customer lies and says, "But soandso said you'd have some today!" (we never get told when we're getting any in, really) like telling me that will make some magically appear in the stockroom.
        Oh, Mr BillieJoBobDannyFrank said that you'd have them!!!! That changes everything!

Comment

I'm very sorry for you.

I bought my Wii over the summer from Gamestop.com in a bundle pack with extra controllers, games, SD card and Wii points for about $456 not including shipping. It arrived in less than a week and I was pleased.

It's amazing how it is still out of stock so quickly at your store. I know the town my college is in has a decent number in stock waiting to be bought. They're probably gone by now but did exist last week.
          "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

From what I understand, every time they increase production the Wii's still fly off the shelves as fast as they can get them out there. They said a couple of weeks ago that they have so far boosted production to 1.8 million units per month.

We didn't even plan on getting a Wii, but lucked out and happened to be in the right store at the right time. We managed to get 2 of them hot off the truck. One for us, and one for eBay ($400, w00t!).
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I wound up getting mine at Walmart.com; they made people who wanted one buy several games and an accessory to get the console.

As a result, I have several games that I haven't even touched or opened, even though they're probably really good games. I'm all about the Virtual Console and the copy of Tiger Woods '07 that I play on occasion.
              "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Around here there are plenty of Wiis in stock, and stores are offering deals... AU$395 buys you a Wii (with wiimote and nunchuk), Wii Sports, Wii Play (with a second wiimote) and a bonus extra nunchuk. Or at least it did a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Ha... I got a Wii today without standing in lline, through the internet, for $250. It's all a matter of who you know.
                  I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                    Ha... I got a Wii today without standing in lline, through the internet, for $250. It's all a matter of who you know.
                    Care to share the name of the company where you got it?

Comment

Every day we get deluged with phone calls from people asking if we have any Wiis.

Every. Single. Freaking. Day.

And of course all these calls have to be transferred over to Electronics, which is almost always busy.

I say we amend our standard recorded phone greeting. "Thank you for calling Irv's Discount Store. For customer assistance press 1. If you are wondering whether we have any Wiis, the answer is no, we do not. Feel free to hang up now. I said hang up, dammit! Thank you."
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                        Care to share the name of the company where you got it?
                        Amazon.com. They sold out in five minutes.
                        I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                          Amazon.com. They sold out in five minutes.
                          Figures. Too bad you can't just order one and have it shipped when it's in stock (like they do with most items).

Comment

It's all a matter of knowing the right five minutes.

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                              It's all a matter of knowing the right five minutes.
                              Too true. Wish I knew.

Comment

Working...
                              X