X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
    Too true. Wish I knew.
    A friend of my brother works at Circuit City (jeez, I pity him today) and told my brother when the shipments of Wiis would come in. That's how my brother got two right after they were released. Bf and I ordered ours from www.walmart.com. They seem to be the only ones who will consistently get shipments of them in.
    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Why are those things so popular anyway? A computer can do more, better.

And in the case of thPS3 (nearly 1000 dollars), cheaper.
      MMO Addicts group

Comment

We just sort of got lucky with ours. I was in Best Buy for some headphones and saw a lonely Wii sitting all alone on the shelf. I snatched it up and couldn't wait to get home and surprise my kids.

It was a big hit with our extended family this Thanksgiving. Watching my husband's older brothers Wii boxing was the funniest thing I've seen in a loooong time.

Comment

Screw the Wii, I want a Nintendo Entertainment System. >.>
          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
            I want a Nintendo Entertainment System. >.>
            *Still has hers!*

But it's not for sale. I plan to be buried with it.
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

We ended up getting ours over the summer from a friend who lives in Canadaland. I was talking to her one day and she told me all about the games they play, how much fun it is and of course I was green with envy. I'd been to every local store at least twice and online several times to try to get one. She had no idea how hard they were to find here.

Next thing I knew she was calling me from a Best Buy around the corner from their house wanting to know how many systems I wanted.

We paid about $30 extra then if we'd have gotten one here, but at least we have one. My friends are all trying to get them for X-Mas...but no one wanted one this summer.

Guitar Hero III for Wii rocks , I just beat the easy level, hahaha.

Comment

Its amazing that a year later, and you still are lucky to get a Wii...

How does GH work on the wii anyway? i mean how do you control it?
                http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
                  Why are those things so popular anyway? A computer can do more, better.
                  It used actual body motion. Kind of like when the first sports simulation video games (Alpine Racer and its followers) came out. Very popular for several years. Also the reason DDR is popular. You're doing something with more than your hands.

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                    Screw the Wii, I want a Nintendo Entertainment System. >.>
                    That's where the Virtual Console comes in. Basically, the Virtual Console plays games from six different consoles: NES, SNES, Genesis, TurboGrafx-16, Nintendo 64, and Neo-Geo. The only downside is that you have to wait for them to put the game you're looking for on the Wii Shop Channel. For now, they're concentrating on the more popular games for each respective console.

The cool thing about the NES games is that the Wii Remote is laid out very similarly to an NES controller when held on its side, and the Classic Controller looks like a hybrid of an SNES controller and a PlayStation controller; its buttons are laid out just like the SNES, only it has two analog sticks and four shoulder buttons.

Add to that the fact that the Wii also has the ports and memory card slots so you can play GameCube games without any additional modifications, and you have a grand total of eight consoles in one (Wii, GC, and the six I've mentioned above).
                    "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                      Too true. Wish I knew.
                      It's because I'm very good at what I do. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
                      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

I got mine in June from bestbuy.ca. If there's anything, I got it while going on there to look for something else. I stopped looking after Christmas when I got an XBOX 360 for $100 off at futureshop during their boxing day sales.

Now my sister and her husband are thinking about getting one for their son for christmas. I already told them that if they do want one, and I see one I have to order it in a heartbeat, there's no way I could wait ten or fifteen minutes for them to respond. It would be on my credit card of course.

Though when I ordered it in June they had 36 or so left, they still had 20 left an hour later. And they got more the following Monday on the website.

Comment

What I want to know is who is the clown on Amazon selling his USED Wii for $700 listed as a Collectible? What a joke

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                            And you know, what pisses me off is that Nintendo probably has a giant warehouse stocked full of the damn things but they won't send them out to our stores because they know they can keep the demand up that way.
                            Riiiiiight. Because Business Practices 101 says that you make a profit by stockpiling things rather than actually selling them.

They are churning out nearly 2 million units a month. What they didn't expect was the magnitude of the uptake by families, as opposed to gamers. When a 75yo grandfather and 5yo grandson can sit and play a console game together with only a couple of minutes learning the controls, well, you know what the result is...

Draco

Comment

Quoth draco664 View Post
                              Riiiiiight. Because Business Practices 101 says that you make a profit by stockpiling things rather than actually selling them.

-shrug- No need for the sarcasm, that's just what Nintendo told our store managers. Try telling corporate they'd make more money selling them right off rather than holding them all for Black Friday. They don't...really..listen to the actual stores..
                              Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

All I know is I want a Wii and I don't want to spend over $500 for a $250 system

*edit* 400th post!
                                Last edited by CancelMyService; 11-24-2007, 05:45 AM.
                                "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Working...
                                X