Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wii is SO MUCH FUN. You aren't buying for graphics, but the gameplay, which can be really immersive, active and social. Unlike most classic games, you can invite a few people round, have some snacks and play some games against each other. Lots of fun.

But rather than queuing for hours and acting like idiots about it, we stuck ourselves on a waiting list for our local gamestore, and paid our deposit, and got it as soon as it came in to the store.

I can't believe people think they can just walk in and pick up one of the most sought-after toys of this Christmas and that the shops will have plenty of them! And that screaming and shouting will make one magically appear.

Here's a clue- stop pandering to everything your kids want, and maybe they wouldn't be so spoiled that not having an expensive toy would ruin Christmas.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Seriously.....

What's a Wii?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Take this candy and hop in this here van and I'll show you, kid.
        My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Seriously.....

What's a Wii?
          Games console with a remote instead of a lot of buttons. Wave at the screen and you do stuff.
          Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Put simply, the thing that makes the wii different from other consoles is that it has motion sensing capabilities. Because of that if you are playing, say, a first person shooter, you can just point the controller's front at the TV and the cursor on the screen will follow your movements, rather than using a analog stick to move it.
            Aside from that it is like most other game consoles, you put a game in and play it.

Comment

Early/Mid Summer, the Wii's were fairly common. I even saw about 8 of them 'in the wild' in the same store (A Superstore in New Brunswick). And back then the exchange rate was on the USD's side, so american's would've had a deal buying over here. With the XMas rush in full force now and even with the exchange rate evened out, they are impossible to find around here again.

Comment

THANK YOU!

We get ONE shipment of TWENTY a week, and my customer's are actually really nice about it, so I start reffering them to just about everyone I know/think might have one in stock and try to offer them various alternatives. The NINTENDO STORE doesn't even have them! I have people from the UK coming here to see if we have them! FROM THE UK!

argh...
                6/16/2008: Best. Day. Ever.

Things I've Learned: Birth is not a miracle, it's a science, and science is damned disgusting. It's also really, really, cool.

Comment

Heh, got mine back at launch, and it was more than worth it. Though it is only good for the internet and the VC atm.
                  Fun fact: A standard playing card inserted in the disk reader by a two year old in under five seconds, is nearly impossible to remove by multiple grown adults. Okay it isn't impossible, but Nintendo would like it to be..... So we have two options one call Nintendo and try and warranty it, which wont happen since we messed up anyways, take it to game store and let a tech rip it apart, order the tool and try it ourselves, guess which option my lovely husband choose? Yep he is gonna tear into it himself, so I have resigned to buy another one at some point

Comment

Working...
                  X