This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moooooo

I've noticed that the hardest part of my job is not dealing with the stress, aching feet, angry customers, incompetent co-workers, or even the screaming children. It would seem my breaking point is when I have to keep a straight face during a customer's complaints.
    My restaurant has a promotion thing about our steak. We have a few posters and a menu insert advertising it with a photograph of a cow and the text "Yo, what's your beef?". You encounter this image twice before you even get to my host stand.
    Last night I'm working when this guy beckons me over to his table. I'm used to people asking me for a drink refill or a spoon or whatever, so I go over. Instead of responding politely to my smile and greeting, he waves the cow menu insert in my face. He barks out, "This is so inappropriate!! I cannot believe your corporate offices would do this to your customers! I don't want to look at an animal right before I eat it!". This man is seriously agitated.
    I begin an inner debate about if he's joking or not. People have done that before. Wait... wait... no, damn, he's serious. Cue the facial twitching. I quickly stutter out a "I can go find a manager for you; just a moment." and make my escape. When I tell a manager what's going on, I find out that he has pretty much waved over every visible employee to complain. But he's staying! HE'S EATING THE STEAK! But he just wanted to complain about how mean our advertising was; were we trying to make our customers feel guilty? Every single employee had to listen to this. None of the solutions we offered were accepted. He didn't ask for free food. He just wanted to let us know. Thaaanks, buddy.
    If you have a problem with our advertising, talking to the hostess isn't going to change it. That's why we offered you the number to corporate. You don't have to eat the beef. We have other meats. I'm pretty sure we don't a picture of a catfish. You could also leave. If you feel guilty when you eat an animal, becoming a vegetarian is also an option. Personally, I favour the solution of you shutting up and eating your damn food. If the cow has such a big problem with being eaten, it can evolve and learn to fight back.
    On the plus side, my co-workers and I got a lot of jokes out of it. The bartender and I now constantly moo at each other.
    Me: Moooo can you put in mooooo some food for mooooooooo me? Moo.
    Bartender: Mooooooo. Moooo. Moo. Moo. Yeah. Moo.
    Me: Mooooo. The moo ham platter with apples moo and, uh, moo moo fries? Mooooo.
    Bartender: Mooooooooo. No salad today? Moo.
    Me: Mooooooo..... naw. Moo.
    Bartender: *nodding* Mooooooo.
    Me: Mooothanksoooooooooo.
    "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
    "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
    X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

I'm glad it wasn't me there. I would have recommended that he try the steak from the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I would have told him, "Hey, don't have a cow!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Moo.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've been mooing at people for years.

Mostly because I've played the secret cow level in Diablo II waaaaaaaay too much.

Moo. moo moo moo mooo. Moo moo.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

"Only thing to do is jump oover the mooooon..."

...Moooo with me!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              "Only thing to do is jump oover the mooooon..."

...Moooo with me!
              Mooo.
              Ah, if only there was a cow face on CS.
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

See I don't get that, people who eat meat, yet don't wanna see where it came from...

Personally, I feel, that if you aren't willing to actually KILL the animal yourself, then you don't have the right to eat it.

This is why I don't eat Lamb or Veal. I've had em before, and I think they're delicious... but I won't eat em now, because I'm not willing to kill them.
                <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                  Mooo.
                  Ah, if only there was a cow face on CS.
                  But we have the next closest thing . . .see the kitty avatar I have?

She was one of my babies. Her name was Missy Moo-Moo. Usually, we'd just call her Mooooooooooo.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                    I'm glad it wasn't me there. I would have recommended that he try the steak from the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
                    Brillant
                    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Moooooooooooooo
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I moo at my children just to convince them (like they didn't know already) that I'm insane. MOO!

I have a Chick-fil-A cow on my desk. The guy who sits at my desk during the day likes to play with the cow. So, I turned it into zombie cow that was going to get the guy. MOO! MOO!
                        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

See I have no problem with eating meat..
                          I just believe that until it becomes meat it should have the happiest cow life.Like the cows that live up the road from me. they have shelter,a HUGE field to graze and they get roam free and have babies.(woooo baby cows).I can't stand the stories about animal abuse like the KFC thing a few years ago.Slamming chickens on the ground is not cool.

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                            So long, and thanks for all the beef!
                            "Sir, if you don't shut up, I'm going to kick one hundred percent of your ass!" - "Brad Hamilton", Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Comment

I had a dog named Jezibelle, she has been dead about a year now.

I used to call her cow. she would moo.
                              My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Working...
                              X