Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching For Potential Shoplifters (and Jackasses)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching For Potential Shoplifters (and Jackasses)

Like most of us clerks, our job is to assist the customers, but also to watch out for any potential shoplifters (especially when one tries to distract you while at the same time a buddy stuffs their pockets).

So I get a couple of kids bring their snacks and drinks, while I am ringing up their stuff, I keep my eye out for the 3rd person walking around the isles.

One of the kids noticed me eyeing his wandering buddy, he lets out a chuckle and yells over to his buddy, "Hey man, this faggot is watching you! Prolly thinks you're wanting to steal something." Then his buddy next to him starts laughing as well as the wandering guy.

I give Chuckles a death glare that immediately wiped the smile off his face, "What the fuck is your problem, man?"

Me: First of all, I don't appreciate being called a "faggot". Secondly, it's my job to watch for potential shoplifters. Shoplifting is a problem in many businesses (still eyeing the wandering guy while serving the jackass some lip). Not only it costs the owner money, it costs me money as well as I rely on every single item in this store to support my paycheck."

Chuckle's next door buddy retorts, "Yeah, like what? Seven bucks an hour?" he laughs.

Chuckles replies, "Shitty ass pay, man. Hell even ten bucks an hour sucks."

( wtf?)

I reply, "Seven dollars or even ten dollars an hour still helps pay my bills and feed my family. But you know what? Sometimes having a customer who comes in my store who starts acting like a complete jackass is not worth having as a customer. So I won't mind losing a few dollars by refusing to service you."

And I take their stuff, put it on the side and cancels the transaction. Then point at the door with a smile, "Have a nice day, boys!"

Chuckles then said, "I'm gonna report you to the manager and get you fired, man!"

I then said, "Go right ahead. I'll report you to the manager in writing and he'll be checking the security cameras."

That shut him up and they all left.

What gets me is that kids today thinks 10 dollars an hour sucks. Hell, I wish I had a job that paid that much.

Yiz
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

These kids probably get all of their money from an "allowance". Man, I miss those days when I had an "allowance". Wait...I never had an allowance. I got gipped.

Comment

Kids can be stupid at times tho, probably his daddy or mommy makes 20+/hr and they think thats the norm so anything less is sub-human... idiots
      Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
      pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

On a bit random note, I was watching a news blurb talking about the economy, lost jobs, etc. They were interviewing a woman who used to make six figures and now can't find a similar job. In order to pay bills, she had to settle for an OMG $10/hr data entry job. Now I'm sure her situation is difficult on a personal level, but they made it sound as if the data entry job was nothing. Yet how many people would kill for ten buck an hour to do data entry?
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Most of the people at the school thought that 15 an hour was pathetic...

And at first it was, when I was getting paid for two hours, at 5.15$ but working ten because the principle was being a douche and demanding we cut back hours for the aides. But eventually, the 'YOU need US because of _____" card won out, when the stupid bat realised how many students there were, coupled with the fact that, under her plan, we would have 3 groups out shooting video per aide to supervise them.......

I was shocked when I got the adjustment slip upping my pay, it just didn't line up.

I propose legislation that would require registers to have built-in tasers
          I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
            Kids can be stupid at times tho, probably his daddy or mommy makes 20+/hr and they think thats the norm so anything less is sub-human... idiots
            Obviously they've never been a post-doc's kid when the other parent isn't allowed to work due to immigration restrictions. Fun times.

I think we all learnt not to own a white car in an area that occasionally has snow that can reach the car roof.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I think it's time to introduce those stupid kids to the Practically foolproof

OTOH, my usual spiel goes something along the lines of "well, see those fancy price increases? Well part of those is because people steal stuff. Yeah, they actually steal it right from under our noses and then YOU have to pay more for it. So if you don't want to be paying extra for that fancy schmancy deodorant of yours, then I think it'd be best to either pay up or leave."
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                Yet how many people would kill for ten buck an hour to do data entry?
                *Grabs machete*

I'M READY! Who do I gotta kill?!
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

The 10/hr is one of the reasons I keep my current job.

It's stressful and I hate it, but it pays well.
                  Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Been there, worked counting stuff in stores for... $8.75 at a time when minimum wage was $5.15. For those not familiar with the job, i'd be in the store, sometimes after hours counting stuff. So, i'm in a well lit air conditioned (or heated as appropriate) place with little lifting for $3.60/hr more than minimum. Care to guess how many people quit after a day or two because they weren't paid enough? Gee, wish i was rich enough to be that selective.
                    Seph
                    Taur10
                    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Speaking as someone who did come from a wealthy family, and who worked for minimum wage anyway through high school, without complaining, and because he chose to... Kids are idiots, and this is why all my children will be required to work before they graduate high school.
                      "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Kids these days! Absolutely no sense of money. Ten bucks an hour is not bad...at all!

I was 14 when my father told me to get a job in response to me asking if I could have some money to go out. In Ohio, where I lived at the time, you could work at age 14 if your parents signed a work permit. So, there I was...working at McDonald's for $3.35/hr. (I think that was the minimum wage back then).

When I got my first real job after I cleaned up about four years ago...I started at $9.00/hour. I've been with the same company since then and I no longer make that much...I make much more.

I don't feel sorry for those people who went from making 6 figures to making $10/hr. At least they have a fucking job and they need to be humble enough to take what they can get and then grateful when they get it...there are LOTS of jobless people out there today who would kill to have that $10/hr job. I think someone already grabbed a machete here...I'll join you!
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

We had a parenting class at our church that my wife signed us up for. It was nice to find out were we not the only evil, orge parents out there. (Not that I think were ogres, but the kids sometimes do.) This guy was a phychologist who dealt with children through young adults. After hearing him speak, I asked him how many of his clients were the kids of weathly parents who had given them everything material that they ever wanted, then showed them the door when they graduated high school, without a clue to how the real world works. His response? 75 to 80%.

The kids don't have a clue, because the PARENTS didn't give them one. The parents are too busy staying rich to spend any quality time with the kids.
                          If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
                          --Woodrow Willson

Comment

I work for a small company, so I don't even make minimum wage. I would do almost anything short of physical injury and taking my clothes of for 10 dollars an hour. These idiots don't know when they have it GOOD.
                            "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

On a side note, I'm always amazed at the minimum wage in the US. Over here it's £5.73 (or £4.76 or £3.53 if you're under 21/18), which is $8, but over $11 not too long ago. And there's some note of increasing it (at least in certain areas) because it's not a living wage.
                              $10/hour is certainly not to be sniffed at though, here or there.

Comment

Working...
                              X