This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS IS REALLY EMBARASSING

....I know, this thread is not what most of you are going to think after reading that title, but I didn't know what else to title it...

A driver goes out to a local boat yard where there is a cafe and a lot of well-to-do folks hang out. They drive their expensive cars, party on their expensive boats, and eat crappy food that is way to expensive for what its worth...

One of these rich snobby folks needs a jumpstart for his 2006 Corvette. Shit happens, no big deal, right? No - not this snobby asshat! The following is how the driver related it to me...

SC: in this case - snobby customer
    YD: my young driver who hates rich people

YD: *pulls up and tries to approach the member with the usual pleasantries - you know - hello. and how are you?

SC: *snapping* How long is this going to take?
    YD: Shouldn't take long, provided the jumpstart works.
    SC: Can you hurry, please!?
    YD: Okay, I'll do my best.

He hooks it up, hasn't been standing there for even a minute and the guy starts in on him again...

SC: REALLY? How long does this take?
    YD: It should only take a minute, let it charge.
    SC: THIS IS REALLY EMBARASSING! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! HOW LONG DOES THIS TAKE? THIS IS SO EMBARASSING!!!
    YD:

Dude, it happens. Cars breakdown, even 2006 Corvettes. Why be embarassed about it? Think your rich friends are going to throw you out of the Polo Club because you had a tow truck driver touching your car?
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

lololol... there was one woman who came through my checkout....

sc: do you have any carrier bags that don't have your stores logo on them
    me: no, sorry all our bags are branded
    sc: oh, it's just that I don't want my neighbours to know I shop here, I would rather they thought I got my groceries at *really expensive shop*
    me:

Comment

Hah! I had customers ignore the fact that we were putting their purchases in our completely blank bags - no markings at all - and then dropping them into *bigname* carrier bags. We even had people demanding our bags and then doing that.

Any wonder I'm glad to be away from there?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth shelly2jn View Post
        sc: oh, it's just that I don't want my neighbours to know I shop here, I would rather they thought I got my groceries at *really expensive shop*
        me:
        Well, at least she's willing to patronize your store, it's not like she's too good for cheaper prices. I think it's funny, shopping at your store is her "dirty little secret".
        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Whats embaressing is that he bought a $60k car that doesn't work.

It is a sad day in Corvette-land.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

Quoth BrassCowboy View Post

Dead batteries come from several things, most of them not related to the vehicle itself, but to the user. Leaving lights on is the most common.

Still, you could have freaked the guy more. "Don't worry about the oil spots I got on your drive. They'll come off with time. Nothing to worry about. Oh, and did you know your neighbors have some nice binoculars?"

Comment

Um wow? High Schoolish I think! Man people are weird!

Comment

Quoth BrassCowboy View Post

Well, batteries die...maybe he left the lights on...or something...it started right away after having the jumpbox on it for only a minute.

The way he was acting with the driver you would've thought he was walking around with his tightie whities hanging out of his pants.
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth shelly2jn View Post
                  lololol... there was one woman who came through my checkout....

sc: do you have any carrier bags that don't have your stores logo on them
                  me: no, sorry all our bags are branded
                  me:
                  GAH! Why do people care so much about what others think? So you shop at the store that has things that are less expensive. Say your neighbors shop at *insert name of elite store here* and you shop at Wal-Mart - you can buy the same box of cereal at Wal Mart for $1.98 that you pay $2.98 for at the elite store - that way you have more money to show up your neighbors when you take your vacation in Fiji while they merely go camping. I don't know.

I can't wrap my mind around this type of logic - if you are trying to hide behind something you are not - sooner or later, those walls you are building are going to fall or the masks you are trying on will not fit anymore and then the real you will be exposed.

That's why I expose myself now!

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                    Promises, promises.

As for the “image” thing…oh, please. I am generall a beach bum as far as dressing goes….shorts, cargo shorts, sandals, sneakers, t-shirt, ball cap. Very casual. However, I CAN and DO dress up. I buy my clothes at Ross, Sears, whatever. And you know what? Because I have good taste and some fashion sense (not bad for a straight guy!), I look damn good when I do. And have surprised a lot of people who only have seen me in my usual attire. And often, often get compliments on what I am wearing when I do dress up.

Amusingly, my current favorite pair of shades (I am a sunglass ho, so have many pairs, and am often buying more) receives compliments from people all the time as being “very cool.” I paid the most I have ever paid for sunglasses when I bough them….a whopping $22. (Breaking my old rule of never paying more than $10 for shades. They were worth it.)

So many people forget that the labels don’t make the clothes. Silly rabbits. Cliques are for kids.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Promises, promises.
                        Hey, you're leaving Key West before I can get there to wear my itsy bitsy teeny weeny, yellow polka dot bikini....

Anyway...I have no shame in my game...all my current clothing - damn near the entire closet was a charitable donation from various sources. I lost everything before I got clean - EVERYTHING - so, I had just a few items of clothing and when I went to rehab, I gained weight back to my healthy self.

An asshat wearing $1000 suits, Dolci & Gabana, Versace, Vera Wang, *insert name of overpriced fashion label here* is still an asshat.

Me, sporting duds provided by from charity of the hearts of good people - FABULOUS! It's not the clothing baby, it's the attitude!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          Yeah, I knew I'd get some responses with that line. I was going to go back and edit it, but I thought, "Nah! Some will like it!"

Comment

Anyway...I have no shame in my game...all my current clothing - damn near the entire closet was a charitable donation from various sources. I lost everything before I got clean - EVERYTHING - so, I had just a few items of clothing and when I went to rehab, I gained weight back to my healthy self.
                            A lot of my clothing is from my stint at Goodwill. I have no shame. I tell people all the time where I got them. (I will also add that every year when I go back home to visit I stop back at the old GW and look around. It's gone downhill. A shame. But in September I did get a pair of pants and a black hoodie!!!!!!)
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

A high percentage of my wardrobe is from thrift stores. I usually have better odds finding something I like there than at the mall (I don't have the body or the lack of dignity for super-low-riding jeans, too-tight shirts with raunchy commentary on them, etc.), and my wallet certainly prefers the prices.
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                              X