This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Amusingly, my current favorite pair of shades (I am a sunglass ho, so have many pairs, and am often buying more) receives compliments from people all the time as being “very cool.” I paid the most I have ever paid for sunglasses when I bough them….a whopping $22. (Breaking my old rule of never paying more than $10 for shades. They were worth it.)
    Without a doubt, my favorite sunglasses ever cost me $8.50. Well, at least they were my favorite sunglasses... until one day I was leaning over the waste tank of our SRU when I heard a splash and suddenly, my sunglasses weren't in my breast pocket anymore
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth Lehk View Post
      if the battery voltage is too low the lights should shut off after some number of minutes of no actions in the car. even a 5 minute voice warning played inside the car.
      Ah, yes, but, by that point, the owner of the car is usually inside the house/store, if the lights are still on. Making the voice warning rather moot.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        So many people forget that the labels don’t make the clothes. Silly rabbits. Cliques are for kids.
        I always say some people are so lame they have to buy psuedo-cool and expensive clothes with prestige lables. I'm so cool I buy my clothes at Costco.

I'm an industrial design whore and it pisses me off to no end that Herman-Miller doesn't get what the Eameses were about. They wanted to bring quality intelligent design to regular people at reasonable prices. They want U$ 3,000+ for the lounge chair. Fortunately, in many cases the knockoffs are of better quality.

With clothing it's insane. The reason the labels are on the outside is that it is easy to make a knockoff of equal or better quality and to sell it for less. They need that trademark on the outside for there to be any prestige attached.

Now it is time for me to rant.

Where is the middle market. It seems that now it is more and more becoming a cast of the two extremes. There is Walmart for the bottom of the market and Nordstrom for the top. I don't want a personal shopper but I don't want the staff to be hagard and unmotivated because there aren't enough of them and what few there are are paid shit. I want someone who can answer my questions and leave me alone.

I'll stop ranting now.
        Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth dispatch View Post
          and my nintendo belt buckle is very stylish, thank you! it's a great convesation peice and though you'll never admit it, I know you're jealous of that and my superman returns key ring flashlight and my l33t t-shirt collection.
          Yeah, that's it, I'm jealous!!! I want a Nintendo controller belt buckle! OH NO -WAIT - I want the atari controller belt buckle!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
            I want someone who can answer my questions and leave me alone..
            AMEN!!!!! When I want a sales associates help - I'll freakin' ask for it! I don't mind being greeted or asked ONCE if I need any help - but stalk me around the store and the store loses the sale!
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
              Yeah, that's it, I'm jealous!!! I want a Nintendo controller belt buckle! OH NO -WAIT - I want the atari controller belt buckle!
              Is that a joystick in your pants or are you just happy to see me?
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

- all kidding aside, have you seen these things? Dispatch showed me at work one day this website where they had goofy stuff on it and some of the items were various game controllers that had been converted into belt buckles. He ordered and now wears the Nintendo one! They had an Atari belt buckle! It's rather funny idea.

Comment

Working...
                X