Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to one of the local super-malls for the first time in a long time this weekend, I forgot how much fun it is to openly laugh at the ones that are just trying too hard. among the other things I've seen there was one kid with money hanging out of his hat, literally, $1 bills, all around the edges, intentionally put there .

I never understood "high society", but then again I was raised blue-collar, it's a miracle if I take my elbows off the table.
    "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      Hey, you're leaving Key West before I can get there to wear my itsy bitsy teeny weeny, yellow polka dot bikini....
      Darlin', this is Key West! We have clothing optional bars down here. (Yes, plural.) We have Fantasy Fest. We have topless fishing charters. We have swingers conventions. A bikini, however teeny and great it may look on you (and somehow I have no doubts on that particular issue), is NOT considered "exposing yourself."

Irving, I have to tell you...I was sitting down to a sandwich and beer when I read your post....and I am very thankful I was working on the sandwich and not the beer when I read it. Only by luck did I avoid violating Rule #1!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
        Dead batteries come from several things, most of them not related to the vehicle itself, but to the user. Leaving lights on is the most common.
        there is no excuse for a modern car to allow the battery to drain powering lights/sterio/whatever. the car already monitors battery voltage and has a sophisticated computer on board. if the battery voltage is too low the lights should shut off after some number of minutes of no actions in the car. even a 5 minute voice warning played inside the car.
        DILLIGAF

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
          A high percentage of my wardrobe is from thrift stores. I usually have better odds finding something I like there than at the mall (I don't have the body or the lack of dignity for super-low-riding jeans, too-tight shirts with raunchy commentary on them, etc.), and my wallet certainly prefers the prices.
          Mine too - if I don't want to pay outrageous prices for something that's the height of fashion right now, I just wait for it to turn up in the thrift store when everyone cleans out their wardrobe.
          It's not hard to find designer labels in thrift stores, either - St. Vinnie's is a great place for stuff like that. They're a bit more expensive, but it's a lot less than what you'd pay anywhere else. I just love places like that, because sometimes you turn up a gem - I wanted a pair of lace-up, knee-high boots without a side zip, and I finally found them in Good Sammy for $10.
          The only problem is that you end up buying lots of stuff that you probably wouldn't buy otherwise - I cleaned out my wardrobe the other week, and 3 rubbish bags worth of clothes went to the thrift store, most of it being returned to whence it came.
          God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

Quoth BrassCowboy View Post
            Whats embaressing is that he bought a $60k car that doesn't work.

It is a sad day in Corvette-land.
            Well before you blame the 'Vette, you may want to consider the fact that people who have the money for a fancy car also get a buttload of electronic gizmos such as GPS, DVD players, XM Radio, running their laptops, and god knows what else. If you're sitting down and playing with this crap and not running the engine you can kill the battery pretty dang quick.

When people get these things installed, they have to remember that the battery is still needed to start the car.

What they REALLY need to come up with is a system where you can use an aux battery and have a separate generator charging it.

M
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Lehk View Post
              there is no excuse for a modern car to allow the battery to drain powering lights/sterio/whatever. the car already monitors battery voltage and has a sophisticated computer on board. if the battery voltage is too low the lights should shut off after some number of minutes of no actions in the car. even a 5 minute voice warning played inside the car.
              I sort of agree with this. However, sometimes the monitoring system fails or as mentioned - the owner has something hooked up to it - DVD, Laptop, GPS system, that is running while they are not in the vehicle - those can drain power in a millisecond because they use so much. Sometimes, even on newer cars, the battery is just crap and needs to be replaced.
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Darlin', this is Key West! We have clothing optional bars down here. (Yes, plural.) We have Fantasy Fest. We have topless fishing charters. We have swingers conventions. A bikini, however teeny and great it may look on you (and somehow I have no doubts on that particular issue), is NOT considered "exposing yourself."
                Well, this may be so, and I may have complied when I was younger and still imbibing (sp?) in liquid refreshments, but at my age and my clear headedness - I firmly believe in leaving a little something to be desired.
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth dispatch View Post
                  I never understood "high society", but then again I was raised blue-collar, it's a miracle if I take my elbows off the table.
                  REALLY??? I thought you were high society! DAMN! I was fooled by the Nintendo controller belt buckle!

Comment

.Dude, it happens. Cars breakdown, even 2006 Corvettes. Why be embarassed about it? Think your rich friends are going to throw you out of the Polo Club because you had a tow truck driver touching your car?
                    Ah, poor widdle baby's "penis extension" broke down. Boo hoo hoo.

I bet he's like most rich idiots--he beats the crap out of that car, doesn't maintain it, and then gets pissy because he spent "so much" for it. Give me a break. *Any* car, no matter what you pay for it, *will* break down, eventually. In fact, my own car, a 104,000 mile Mazda refused to start last week. Turns out the battery, which was the *original* one from the factory, finally died. Of course it didn't help that I'd left an interior light on But, rather than throw a hissy fit, I called up AAA, and they were there in less than 10 minutes.

I don't get the whole "label" crap either. I *refuse* to pay high prices for designer goods, nor do I enjoy being a walking advertisement for some company. If there's something like that I do want, I simply wait until it's on a clearance rack. Why spend more cash than I have to?
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I think someone on here once said if they want me to wear their label - they need to pay me for it!

I agree!

Comment

Well, this may be so, and I may have complied when I was younger and still imbibing (sp?) in liquid refreshments, but at my age and my clear headedness - I firmly believe in leaving a little something to be desired.
                        At your age? As I recall, you are four years younger than me (1974, right?), and I have seen your picture...you look younger than that! And trust me, darlin', there are people who come down here who are old and ugly (neither of which I think applies to you) who have no problem leaving nothing to the imagination. I still don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I can't comment on the other aspect, your clear-headedness....that is something that is in shorty supply down here. As the saying goes, Key West is a drinking town with a tourist problem.

That all being said, I would be happy enough with the bikini, but I guess since you won't make it down here in the next year, the whole thing is a moot point.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          At your age? As I recall, you are four years younger than me (1974, right?), and I have seen your picture...you look younger than that!
                          Well, that particular pic is about 9 years old! I don't look much different though, actually, not much at all...I still have people guess my age to be between 25 - 27.

Comment

hehehe that asshat should be happy that it was just a dead battery and not a flat tire. Vettes do not carry spare tires as they require a different tire for each wheel, you also cannot rotate the tires on a vette for this reason. And if I remember correctly they are stupid expensive, we had a friend with a lifted F150 with like 32" or so tires that were cheaper then a vettes tires.
                            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Oooo - flat tire, no spare means we would of had to tow it - if he was embarrassed over a jumpstart, imagine how he would've felt if it went up on a truck!

Comment

and in that particular situation (I was here that day and remember the dispatcher talking about it) the driver would have to have handled the keys and put it in neutral IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'M MEEEEEEEEEEELTING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

then his $60k compensation would get hauled away on a flatbed with his vanity plate for the whole clubhouse to see, guess the poor baby would have to yacht to his cabin and take his range rover home

and my nintendo belt buckle is very stylish, thank you! it's a great convesation peice and though you'll never admit it, I know you're jealous of that and my superman returns key ring flashlight and my l33t t-shirt collection.
                                "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Working...
                                X