X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Sleazebag Award Nominees

Overheard in the Line:

Nominee #1: Yeah, I'm fifth in line over at Walmart, but only sixteenth in line here. So I'm gonna sell my spot in line here, cause I'll definitely be able to get one at Walmart.
    Bystander: How much do you want for your spot?
    Nominee #1: Not any less than $600.

Nominee #2: How many PS3s are you going to have to sell tomorrow?
    Employee: Well, our ad says XX, so we'll have at least that many.
    Nominee #2: Do you think you'll get any more? I'm late paying my mortgage this month, and if I can get one and sell it I'll be able to pay my mortgage.

Further conversation reveals that Nom#2's 12-year old daughter is home alone while her mother stands in line.
    Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

We have parents who brought their 3 month old to stand in line.
    "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth Crosshair View Post
      We have parents who brought their 3 month old to stand in line.
      That sounds like child endangerment to me. THREE months old??? A child that young can't even stand, let alone crawl or walk.

WTF indeed.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

If they have no one watching the three month old, I'd be calling cps.

amazing.

Comment

im enjoying the PS3 launch. as a gamer this is one system i DO NOT WANT. im SICK of the idea playstation has . 'Lets make a system so powerful that even though we say it can do all this the discs dont even support most of these features. Now lets make people pay a huge amount for it and then create a shortage!'

I personally asked to open on PS3 launch day. Why? So i can laugh at everyone who shows up and realizes we dont have any left at 9:02 because the guy who sleopt out on the curb and wasted his next months paycheck on it beat yah to it.

Sorry to sound so evil over this its just one thing that gets me goin.

P.S Managment turned down my offer to open when they saw the evil glint in my eye
          Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

I was just watching TV when I saw a shot of people in tents waiting in line. Come on guys, it's a video game system not the Holy Grail.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
              im enjoying the PS3 launch. as a gamer this is one system i DO NOT WANT. im SICK of the idea playstation has . 'Lets make a system so powerful that even though we say it can do all this the discs dont even support most of these features. Now lets make people pay a huge amount for it and then create a shortage!'
              From a business perspective though, it's the only way to go. You generate an insane amount of hype and at the same time the small release insres that the bugs can be worked out of the system in sort of a gigantic Beta test mode.

I personally don't care much about the gaming ability itself. Decent BluRay players are still over $700, and the PS3 has it built in. I only wanted a DVD player but for $20 more I could have bought a PS2, so I got that instead. I have a handful of games I play on it.

The PS2 had a ton of backwards compatibility issues when it first came out, but those were fixed in later releases when the software was upgraded - everything Sony does has been emulation since the original Playstation.

With the PS3's ability to go online, downloading an update to make a game work will be a snap.

Oh, and BTW... http://www.smashmyps3.com/
              "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

this is why I wait until the price drops to buy new systems and blow the dust off the aincent ones once a year
                I went to the Halo 2 release party with a freind cuz he didn't have a car and concocted a way of having fun at fanboy's expenses with the cop on duty outside (we both thought some of the poeple inside were being just a little pathetic, crying when they got the game in their hands)
                4 exit doors at the mall, the one on the end was the only one unlocked, I pointed out to the cop that they tried all the other doors before they got to that one, he suggested leaning against it, and the panic ensued!
                I wish I had some polaroids of the kid's faces that thought they'd just waited in line to be among the first in the city to get the game only to be locked in the mall without their xbox
                "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

PS3 SCs...

Dear lord, as I type this, we are being deluged with calls..

SC3: Oh yeah, they are here too.
                  D: Me.
                  Amazingly, no MBT in this situation. Hell is freezing over.

D: Thank you for calling retardshack.com, my name is Deceptitech. May I have your name please?
                  SC3: Do you have PS3s?
                  D: No we won't be carrying it.
                  SC3: Why not? I don't want to wait in line for it.
                  D: Sony did not send us any.
                  SC3: Man, now I gotta wait in line.
                  D: Odds are, you're not going to get it tonight. You have a good day, and thank you for calling retardshack.com.

Wonderful people, I love them all... No, wait, I changed my mind. DIE YOU SCUM SUCKING IDIOTS!!!!!
                  I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

Yea. I didn't realize the release date for the PS3 was tomorrow until I went to Target and saw people in tents with coolers camping out for the night...freaking idiots. Wish I could afford to miss 2 days of work, to wait in line, to spend over 600 bucks on a game system... yikes.
                    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth ihatethenba68 View Post
                      Come on guys, it's a video game system not the Holy Grail.
                      Yeah, because that's underneath the Pyramid at the Louvre!
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Sooooooooooooooo...Pagan, did you read the book and/or see the movie? I read the book. I knew how it would end even before I finished it. :sigh: Reading is starting to be like watching movies...
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

the freaking thing is like $600.00!!

I guess I shouldn't be to shocked, the 360 was selling for $1,500.00 in some places. I thing ebay is trying to prevent this with the PS3.

I will be waiting a couple of years when the price goes down to $250.00. That is the price of my rent and water bill combined.
                          Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Quoth Crazyredhead View Post
                            the freaking thing is like $600.00!!

I guess I shouldn't be to shocked, the 360 was selling for $1,500.00 in some places. I thing ebay is trying to prevent this with the PS3.

I will be waiting a couple of years when the price goes down to $250.00. That is the price of my rent and water bill combined.
                            It's on ebay for $2500. $2500?!?!?!?!?!?
                            I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

Oh, Becky, I read the book (twice) and saw the movie. On opening day. Apparently, I went too early and didn't get to experience the protesters. And I so wanted to! Haven't bought it yet though. (Might wait until "Dead Man's Chest" comes out and get them at the same time!)

Although, I do have to say, I was suprised. Rosslyn Chapel is nowhere near as big as it looks in the movie. Plus, all of the scaffolding was CG'd out. (We were there in mid-September.) We did get down into the room below and I picked up a rock to bring home. I brought home quite a few pieces of the countryside from the UK.

I'm just waiting for them to make a movie out of "Angels and Demons". If the "Da Vinci Code" upset the Church, this will give them a stroke.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X