Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work in a grocery store...a certain one where shopping is a pleasure!! uggh..but im looking for another job tho.......used to work as a cashier in a half restaurant/half store kinda place. thats where most of the SC's I encountered were

Comment

I start my new job on Monday-working in the parts department of a car dealership. I imagine that I'll get a few SC's, but I'll have to do a lot more explaining to make the stories funny. (What do you mean you don't sell clutch fluid?!?)

But my official last day at Crappy Tire is tomorrow-I may come back to it to earn a few more bucks, though. I may go back in time and dust off a tale or two from my time in fast food.
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I'm in a grocery store for now, but I was in a dollar store for eight years, fast food off and on, sold roses in a bar for a while, did a turn at bussing tables back in high school, helped out with a couple of inventories, and worked in a cash office. I always put "like to learn new things" on my resume.

Comment

Quoth Knightmare
          All right, peoples! Just a general work poll.
          Do past jobs count, or is this strictly limited to the present?

One doesn't have to work in retail to deal with customers, after all (says a member of the call center contingent ).
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Plaidman
            I'm the only one to work at a convience store.
            I'm a *former* 7-11 clerk.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Another convenience store employee here. Actually, I work in a gas station/convenience store (hence the screen name), but it's all the same. And full of SCs.

Comment

Quoth dragonflygrrl
                I'm the lone cell phone dealer, atm.
                don't worry, you aren't the only one who works with cell phones!!! I work tech support for a cell phone company, i also worked in customer care for the same company, a delivery service and a convenience store.... lots of sc there!

Comment

I work in hell AKA the grocery store.
                  Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

I also work in a grocery store. It's within walking distance of my house.
                    My Fanfic Page
                    My Fiction Page
                    My Social Group
                    My Pet Social Group
                    My You Tube Channel

Comment

I don't currently but "Grocery Store" got my vote as that was my last one.
                      If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

Comment

Well, just a few hints (any Canadian here not living in a cave should know what this place is) :

- the company that owns this company is 350 years old
                        - oldest company in North America and is also one of the oldest in the world
                        - sells pretty much the same type of stuff as Walmart, but does not have a "super center" type store
                        - has it's own restaurant, get the poutine it's delicious

Comment

CALL CENTER GOTTA REPA-SENT! Gotta give a shout out to my homies!
                          The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Woo hoo! I work a call center for a cable company, so I can relate to many of the SC stories you and CableGuy tell, PJ!

Quoth Phone Jockey
                            CALL CENTER GOTTA REPA-SENT! Gotta give a shout out to my homies!

Comment

now - i am out of customer service alot of my stores will come from many years (about 4 1/2) in christian retailing, and supermarket before that

Comment

I work for an optometrist.
                                "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Working...
                                X