This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    We have a regular customer who goes by the name of "Shop at the Cocks". I kid you not.

I was once caught musing idly whether or not the building used to be a brothel.
    I'd be wondering how often he brags about the size of his business?

Back on topic, happy belated birthday, GK. All your stories were great, but I think I'd have to give an extra special gold star to the Pandora's Box one. I think I'd have to put her on hold while I giggle a little bit...
    Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 02-09-2007, 05:24 AM.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

Rome: Part 2

Me: "and what company are you from?"
      SC: "Cox Communications."
      Me: "…pardon?"
      SC: "Cox."
      Me: "….can you spell that?"
      SC: "C-o-x. Cox.""
      Me: "Ok."
      Heh. Cox is the cable provider for my area. I remember when I first moved down here and heard someone say, "I got Cox," it left me very confused and disturbed.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        The Pandora Poon reminded me of a call I took from a Sandra Muff, but she informed me I could just call her Sandy. Sandy Muff? Oh, please, no, let me refer to you as Sandra!
        I actually used to hang out with a girl named Sandy Beach. Seriously.

And yes, Cox Communications is my cable provider as well.

Also in this town, we have some amusingly named establishment. There's Crabby Dick's, of course. And B.O.'s. Some people pronounce it as "Boes" but I tell them, "No, it's Bee Ohs." It is the bar's owner's initials, you see.

As for people, myself AND my friend separately went to school with guys named Michael Hunt. Mike Hunt. You do the math.

My older sister went to school with people named Carrie Dick AND Michael Crashes.

The principal of my grade school was Francis E. Stein. As in Frank E. Stein. I shit you not.

As for college team names, I was always curious to see what the frat boy-made t-shirts would look like for the games between the University of Southern California and Oregon State University: the Trojans and the Beavers. The possibilities are limitless!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I went to school with a girl who, if she had married her then-boyfriend, her name would have been "Virginia Beach."

It didn't last, because he realized what a "beach" she was, and dumped her.
          Last edited by MadMike; 02-08-2007, 05:17 AM. Reason: typo
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Nice pun there MadMike....That one should go in Groaners.

Comment

Yeah, we get emails from our Records Management guy, and the system puts your last name first, so an email from Dick Johns, shows up as "You have a new message from Johns Dick."
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                Yeah, we get emails from our Records Management guy, and the system puts your last name first, so an email from Dick Johns, shows up as "You have a new message from Johns Dick."

wow.....rule #1.....im a blatant violator. I just spilled angus burger everywhere...

Comment

Funny stuff!

Happy belated Birthday Gravekeeper!

P.S. There's an accounting firm in my area named Cox. My son played on the baseball team they sponsor. I guess you could say he was a Cox Accountant.
                  Retail Haiku:
                  Depression sets in.
                  The hellhole is calling me ~
                  I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
                    P.S. There's an accounting firm in my area named Cox. My son played on the baseball team they sponsor. I guess you could say he was a Cox Accountant.
                    Okay, this is not meant as a shot at your son, so please don't take it as such....but these jokes just cry out to me........

So, did he play the outfield or the infield? In other words, did he play the field for Cox?

Or was he behind the plate? You know, a Cox catcher?

Did he bat lefty or right? Or was he a switch hitter for Cox?

Was he a good player? Did he score a lot with Cox?

Oh, yes, I am going to hell for these..

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Hey, when you're playing with Cox you start at 3rd base.

(Sorry!)

Comment

I should start charging a subscription fee to sign up to the list
                        This board should start paying you for your posts as well!

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Hmmm....I wonder what some people's parents are thinking when they name their children. Funny names also makes me think of "Married with Children" when Marcy got married to Steve Darcy and didn't realize his last name until she sobered up. "My name is Marcy Darcy!"

Cox is my cable/internet/home phone provider as well.
                        Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 02-08-2007, 05:48 PM.
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                          This board should start paying you for your posts as well!
                          Nah, you guys are my loyal minion, er, underlin, wait....supporters, yeah, supporters. ^^

Misery's free. Its happiness I charge for. ;p

Comment

Its happiness I charge for. ;p
                            *Reaches for wallet*

Make mine a double!
                            I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I actually have the Cox Communications bundle package. There is also a school in our area named Cox High School.

Also, I remember once when my family was visiting my grandma in Jersey, we needed to go grocery shopping. She told us to go down to "the old F 'n' B" to get our groceries. I laughed for five whole minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X