This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impact.

I don't know WHEN the word "impact" ceased being a noun and became the most misused verb in the English Language, but I'd like to go back in time and bitch-slap the first person who decided it sounded more "action-y".

<end rant>

Comment

Quoth Camry178 View Post
      I work at an optical and one of the phrases that I am SICK of hearing when customers pick up their glasses is "Oh, I can see!!!". After working for the company for 10 years it's freakin' annoying.
      Sorry, but I'm blinder than a deaf bat without my glasses! GUILTY! *Lead away in cuffs*

Comment

"unacceptable"-The situation is what it is. It does not care whether you choose to accept it or not.

"could you?"-Sure I could. But I won't.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth MMATM View Post
          Vizzini said "inconcievable".

And of course Inigo: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
          Just checking to see if someone would get the reference.

(Anybody want a peanut?)
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

"I pay your salary!"

Always thrown out to a government employee by someone who is guilty of something but doesn't want to pay his fine, or by someone who wants to do something against the law and expects the employee to bend the rules just for him.

My reply always was, "Thank you. And I intend to enforce the regulations as you have paid me to do."
            "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
            .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              (Anybody want a peanut?)
              Can I have two? I have two nostrils, you see...

As to what I hate to hear, it's a simple phrase - "I don't have any of the codes. Does that matter?"

Er, yes. Yes it does. You know, like it says in the handy "How to place your order" guide we print in every single catalogue? I can look up codes easily, but we have a standing policy to do that only for a small number of codes. Someone wants twenty or thirty? Come back when you have them.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                "I want to have this sent to a prison" (always a pain in the ass and half the time they get
                We stopped doing this for people. The people whose relatives are in prison are usually as stupid as the people in prison. Diferent prisons have diferent rules about what can be sent and how and they always get it wrong.

It's just not worth it.
                Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Librarybabe View Post
                  Impact.
                  I don't know WHEN the word "impact" ceased being a noun and became the most misused verb in the English Language, but I'd like to go back in time and bitch-slap the first person who decided it sounded more "action-y".
                  Get used to it. There is school marm grammar and real grammar. The real grammar is often more clear and logical than the school marm variety.

"Impact" isn't being misused any more than when someone:

"Fingers" a scab.
                  "Hands" someone an envelope.
                  "Arms" a bear.
                  "Shoulders" a burden.
                  "Backs" up.
                  "Asses" around.
                  "Legs" it.
                  "Foots" the bill.
                  "Hammers" a nail.
                  "Saws" a board.
                  "Sieves" flour.
                  "Butters" a roll.
                  "Researches" a subject.
                  Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Phrases I hate:
                    "I don't have a copay." - gee that's funny, you've been paying one for as long as you've been here...do you just not grasp the concept of one?

"I have Blue Cross."- Ah, but what one? I can think of about 20 Blue Cross plans off the top of my head. Can I see your card? What's that? You don't have one? Gee, I guess you'll be paying the cash price then until you get you're billing information to me, then.

"This is blah blah cheaper at Costco!" Then shop at Costco then. Hope ya don't mind walking a mile just to get from the parkinglot to the front door, and then waiting at least 24 hours for them to do a refill, because they won't do same day fills on maintenance meds because they're too busy. Pick up a churro for me!

"You've billed this wrong! My card says $10 for generics!"- You, sir, have no grasped the concept of "tiers". Here, let me edumacate you. And no, if I'd billed it wrong, I wouldn't have gotten a paid claim with a reference number. You don't like the cost? Take it up with your insurance company.

"Can't you do it any faster? It's prepackaged!"- Did you not see the bajillion other people you had to wait behind to get to my window? That's why my wait is 40 minutes right now. Theirs will get done before yours. Oh, suprise. This script you just handed me was dated 3 months ago. Thanks for not dropping it off the day before, asshat.

Comment

Phrases that I detest.

"I pay this much for this spot/ticket/whatever." Good lord, NO ONE CARES!

"I'm here every game." Then you'll understand that policies have to be enforced.

"I forgot my pass, they always let me in." No, you're just trying to trick me.

"Box office said that you can let me in." Nooooo. Box office doesn't have a word in what I control.
                      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

"I think we can make it fit!" (said by cretins attempting to pick up 32-inch TVs or other large items with a Volkswagen Bug)

"I should have brought the truck/van!" (see above)
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          "I think we can make it fit!" (said by cretins attempting to pick up 32-inch TVs or other large items with a Volkswagen Bug)

"I should have brought the truck/van!" (see above)
                          http://www.customerssuck.com/strip/i...ate=2007-03-18

Rapscallion

Comment

Phone rings..........

Idiot: Blah, blah, blah has it cheaper online.....

*crickets*

Me: Well then...Your choice is clear. You have a GREAT day *goes back to happy thoughts about eating fishsticks for dinner*

Or my next to best fave...

Tard: Hi...Umm...I have a computer in for repair.

Me: Mhmmm .... *Your mother must be proud*

Tard: Is it ready yet?

Me: I give up...Is it?

Tard: *Clues in* Ohhhhh...I guess you have more than one in to be fixed

Me: Lemme check...Yeah...About 25 in the wait list alone. Name?

Tard: Ummm...

Me: *click* MMmmm...... *Homer Simpson voice* Sacred fishstick .... Yummy

Side note,

New rule #1: If you call & respond with the word "umm" to more than 2 questions in a row, my handset battery will "mysteriously" die.
                            Last edited by Mr. Rude; 03-29-2007, 08:47 PM. Reason: Artistic flair
                            "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

This drives me nuts

After purchases have been rung up. "I left my debit card/credit card/ money/wallet in my vehicle. Can you just hold all this for me? I'll be right back."

Yeah, and I have other customers in line, so no, I can't 'hold your order'. I'll have to void the transacation, and if you come back, you can stand in line again, and then I'll re-ring it.

Check for your freakin' money before you come in the store, dummy!!!
                              It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

I get the same thing constantly from my phone customers - these morons call us up, wait in the queue for however long, go through the whole order, then say "Oh, my credit card is in my wallet in the car! Can you wait while I get it?" First of all, you knew before you called that you'd be needing your credit card, and second of all, why would you leave your wallet in the car? Serves you right if your credit cards and/or your identity get stolen! Anyway, I was told by my supervisor that I don't have to wait on hold for more than about a minute, since it's not fair to the other customers in the queue. Around 45 seconds I start typing up a note and if they're not back by the one minute mark, I hang up, save the notes and put the order on hold.
                                Last edited by CurlyLocks; 03-30-2007, 03:24 AM. Reason: severe punctuation lapse
                                "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Working...
                                X