Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any phrase that indicates that the SC thinks I'm lying.

I despise that. I make it a point to never lie unless it is under direct order from my boss and I have no other way of getting the job done. I did once have a boss that would tell me to tell callers that he wasn't in the office. That would probably have been more effective if he wasn't in his office (about 20 feet away) with the door open having a screaming match with his wife over the speakerphone... but I digress.

I once had a caller ask to speak to someone else. At the time, I had been working for this place for about 3 weeks, I had the keys, and nobody else had managed to show up for work, yet. (it was a commercial real estate office, with only 2 other people in it)

The guy on the phone told me, point blank, that I was lying because nobody would give the receptionist the keys to the office. Nevermind the fact that the owner had done precisely that at the end of the interview after having known me for just under 30 minutes.

One of the people I work with now calls me a liar semi-regularly. She won't actually say it, she's too much of a pansy, but if it's a dispute between me and her pet stock-clerk, I'm always the one at fault. Nevermind the fact that she has never once caught me doing anything other than what I have said, and she has caught him lying to her at least 3 separate times that I was witness to.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post

" its not scanning so it must be free! " when has that ever happened? and its not funny.
      Actually when I worked retail I would joke around and say "Hm, must be free" if there was no price, simply so I didn't have to hear them say it...
      Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

I work in a Museum, I must be Omniscient

Quoth Fraggle View Post
        I hate, repeat HATE, 'Why?'
        Especially if you've just spent 10 minutes explaining why you cannnot do whatever unreasonable request the sc has made.

Then you launch into another explanation and at the end you are asked 'why?'
        Gods above, I hate "why?" Why do we charge that admission price? Why aren't you open yet? Why is the parking lot full? Why can't I touch the priceless 200-year-old artifacts? Why can't I touch the monks? (that's another story)

Even worse though? "But we're non-proft!" Now, maybe if I was working for a big, multinational corporation I would feel this had some weight as an argument when someone asked for free admission and a private tour for upwards of 30 schoolchildren. But I was working in a freakin' museum! Why not go to the Salvation Army store and ask for free things? Oh wait...people do that too.
        "Clothes make the man. Naked people have very little influence in society." - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post

" its not scanning so it must be free! " when has that ever happened? and its not funny.
          At this point you should be able to slap the customer silly and say, "No, it's not free. However, that was something that should be free.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

On an off topic rant:
            I hate, hate, HATE it when people use the phrase, "Ignorance is bliss". Ker-BLINK!
            No, the phrase is "Where ignorance is bliss, tis folly to be wise." The meanings are entirely different. One says: Stupidity is good. The other: where stupidity is good, then intelligence is a mistake

I'm sure someone better versed in coding could write a programming comparison...
            Stupidity=good
            If(
            stupidity=good
            then
            Intelligence=mistake
            )
            Or something...
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

"Unacceptable" would drive me nuts too, but the clinentel at the gas station was in general, too stupid to understand words that large. I'd usually just get barked at with "bullshit" and "whatever" when customers were told something that they didn't wanna hear.

Anything involving lawyers or telling on me to my man-ager. I would love to see a dirt poor bum sick a lawyer on me for refusing a sale because it was before beer selling hours. The son of a bitch is trying to pay for beer in all change, I doubt he can afford a lawyer.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

"But I NEEEEEEEEEEVER had this problem with QWEEEEEEESSTTTT! (or insert other competing ISP here)"

Ummm.....if you're so unhappy....why DID you leave, anyway?
                Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

"But your manager makes an exception for ME!"

That's nice. I'm on duty, he isn't. Next excuse.

"You're hot, you know that?"

How sweet. Keep it up, I'll scream harrasment so loud they'll hear me in Moscow.

"But I'm (insert indication of VIP status)!"

...and?

"You're just a godless heathen! I'm going to pray for your soul right here and hold up the line until you do as I say!"

Good. I'll pray for your brain, it needs all the help it can get.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    Just checking to see if someone would get the reference.

(Anybody want a peanut?)
                    *raises hand* oooh, oooh...its The Princess Bride!

Can I get a sweet warm roasted toasty peanut?

Hmm... words I hate to hear...

"I'm having a problem..."

"This phone is a piece of crap!" (usually after the dimwit dropped it in water or let their dog eat it)

"No, I don't have insurance..."
                    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

"I know it's not you're fault..." Then why did you whinge and yell at me, i'm still gonna think you're an asshole

Comment

the worst for me is "hey cash these out".. and the chips they hand me are table chips with no value away from that table... i have to send them back to that table.

sign
                        The mere fact that we have the flamethrower means that someone, somewhere once said "You know, I'd really like to set those customers over there on fire, but don't possess the means to do it"

Comment

"credit" as in "I demand a credit for my ignorance!"

"fixed" as in "I'm on a fixed income!"

"overcharged" as in "Your company (yes, I freakin' own it!) overcharged me again!"

"demand" as in "I demand to speak to your supervisor to give me what I want!"

"complicated" as in "Your bill (yep, it is my bill, although it has your name on it) is too complicated to read!"

And, my personal favorite: "elsewhere" as in "I'm taking my business elsewhere!"

Comment

uggh. fixed drives me nuts

i'm on a fixed income!

first off, becuase i can choose to raise my income at will? and secondly, you are CHOOSING to take ss. you COULD just go and get a walmart greeter job or something.

Comment

As a bank teller, here are words I hate..

"But [employee name here] does it for me!" Like i care, I am NOT that person!

"Can I have a deposit slip?" - its not so annoying but it gets annoying at the drive up. Drive up is supposed to be fast and we have some customers who will want a deposit and waste 5 minutes of my and other customers who are in fact ready time.

"What's my balance?" - Like they can't find out their own balance themselves!

"How come my balance is that" or why is my balance overdrawn?- Hell if I know! Some people need to know how to balance a checkbook.

"This doesn't include the checks, right?" after giving them the balance of their accounts. When will customers realize that checks need to CLEAR!

"Checks are like cash right?"- No, unless its "paper" money, its not cash!

"I don't have time right now!" whenever I ask them for something that they sure as hell need. I mean, they have enough time to come to the bank but don't have the time to just open an account or even get a debit card.

"I've been doing this for a long time!"- Well, I have been here for 1 1/2 years so how should I know?

My personal favorite

I have been a customer of this bank for 20 + years and I have never been asked for my drivers license! - Now really, how is that possible? Especially from old people. They assume that since they have lived long lives that automatically makes them kings or queens! Some of us are 20+ years of age and we have NEVER seen your face ever! Its a two way street. I have been with this bank, as a customer and an employee for approx. 4 years and I have NEVER seen their face before and they have never seen MY face. I can't stand people who use their "experience" as a way to get away with something.

Comment

*as they hand me back their receipt* "You can throw that out."

Can I? Can I REALLY??!! Oh, JOY!

ugh, the "why?" people...what are you, 2 years old?
                                Why? Because. Why? Because. But why? BECAUSE!!!

Hey, I just saw this guy in the smiley list...I have no reason to use him but he's cute...
                                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                                X