Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't like phoenix, i really dont know why, its not a safity thing....
    i just dont like it...
    Tempe, Scottsdale (yeah yeah yuppie town), just about any town in the state im ok with. I just HATE phoenix.

oh and the misspelling thing i procnouce it right i just spelled it wrong. Oh and im a cardinals fan, and a Mercury fan (for some reason there hasn't been a male basket ball team to earn my fandom) and a cubs fan (hey two out of three aint bad) I love Arizona, i love everything about it. and seeing as i can probably pulls out a some records about the state and point a few family names so does my family. Yet again... just hate phoenix.
    Last edited by Sliceanddice; 07-08-2007, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Being from Tempe, I agree about Tempe and Scottsdale, though not about any town in the state. (See my above post about lovely downtown Globe.)

And while there are parts of Phoenix I can understand not liking, Phoenix is, physically, the LARGEST CITY IN THE NATION, clocking in at well over 400 square miles just within the city limits of Phoenix itself. If you don't like one part, there are plenty of other parts, all different. So please, don't bag on the whole city.

And if you like it that little, and you live there, might I suggest a move might be in order?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Mesa, darling Mesa not Phoenix.
        In fact East Mesa, Near the Rez and the Lehi farms. I live in phoenix for about 3 months when i was little.......
        but ive spent a good portion(98%) of my life in the insane metropolitan that is Mesa, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert area.

Comment

Wait, you live in EAST MESA and you are dogging PHOENIX? Oh, come ON now!

Hey, Kettle? The Pot is calling! Wants a word with you.

Seriously, Tempe boy here (McClintock High, Class of '88), so I know the area you speak of quite well, but there are many parts of Phoenix that just rock. Most of them, actually.

But enough threadjacking. Lets get back to enjoying Gravekeeper's wit and wisdom, shall we?
          Last edited by Jester; 07-08-2007, 11:45 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

oh oh yes lets go back to GK insaneness, oh and EVA class of 2005, and yeah i live in a weird place, but still its not that bad. I like the statues (I wanna sit on the big pink chair sooooooo much when ever i drive bye it)
            But hey East mesa is better than West mesa...

Now back to the regularly scheduled phone rant.

Oh i got a good one today, I had someone tell me I didn't need there name, or address or phone number to send them information about a product and continue to yell at me for three minutes before they hung up. Also had what was apparently a former employee calling to see if a hair regrowth product we sell would grow hair on their feet... and grow hair in the pattern of words on the stomach... ewwww...

Comment

GK, I can add my feral cat to your army for the assault on Manitoba.

I'm kind of confused about the vochers and hotels thing -- if they strand the passengers, shouldn't the airline be picking up the whole tab (within reason) of the hotel stay?

Comment

pfft. like that would ever happen. and usually, its not something the airline has control over. sometimes its weather, or the airport theyre flying to, etc etc any number of extenuating circumstances. man, the things you learn from "airline" on A&E.

i went to an elementary school called manitoba which we frequently referred to as "mental-toba." its namesake deserves the army of cats and monkeys. may i add, as a long time GK fan, the lobnake to the menagerie?
                Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

Thanks GK, now you've got me looking everywhere for a jug band CCR sound file.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure why we're assaulting Manitoba but I'll join in.
                    One concern: What happens after we're done laying seige to Manitoba?
                    I suggest Quebec.
                    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I can throw in two very high-strung, fully-clawed cats and an ADHD 93-lb yellow lab who can jump about 6 feet in the air for the assault.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        And I'm sure my kitties will join the army...just point a little red laser dot at whatever you want to destroy and they will pounce with their claw..less..little.....paws, um, yeah. And when they're in the mood they'll get going on a chase through the house...it might destract the... Manitobans? Manitobites? Manitobians?... for a few minutes, until they get tired and curl up on the couch and lick their feet before taking a short 1- to 23-hour nap. Fierce little things, my cats are.

I have a fully-clawed Himalayan (my avatar, Casey), who will gladly attack anything the laser dot is pointed at, once he wakes up from his morning-afternoon-and evening nap(s). He'll even go airborne, chasing after dot.
                        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                          Still? I thought I warned you it would take me a few years to plot and gather resources before I could plunge Manitoba into a bitter, life crushing dystopian wasteland. You know, like Nunavut.
                          Am I the only one humming "Blame Canada"?

A room will, as already mentioned, cost you $109 dollars on a Friday or Saturday night. -.-
                          Do you have anything cheaper? *Ducks the headphones GK throws at me*

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                          cubs fan (hey two out of three aint bad)
                          The Cubs? Seriously, the Cubs? Sorry, St. Louis Cardinals (baseball) fan here. Plus, I hate Chicago in general (certain individuals are exempt).

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                          Also had what was apparently a former employee calling to see if a hair regrowth product we sell would grow hair on their feet... and grow hair in the pattern of words on the stomach... ewwww...
                          What? Were they trying to become a hobbit? And I'm not even gonna touch the tummy hair thing.
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                            I'm not exactly sure why we're assaulting Manitoba but I'll join in.
                            One concern: What happens after we're done laying seige to Manitoba?
                            I suggest Quebec.
                            It's Manitoba. Have you been there? Do you really need a reason? Then how about Winnipeg. Mosquito capital of Canada. There. Now, I don't have any animals to add to the assault, but I do have a knowledge of homemade explosives and a vauge idea on how to build siege engines.

And don't horn in on my plans for Quebec.
                            >_>
                            <_<
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Siege engines are good. ^^

As for America West, you're lucky they even give you the voucher to be honest. Some airlines will cover the room ( Air Canada typically does ). But America West, US Airways, Continental and Delta will all just say "suck it" and give you my number.

Still, America West / US Airways is by far the worst offender. They strand hundreds of people on a nightly basis if my our volume is any indication. Its not weather either. Yes, sometimes weather is a factor with flight cancellations ( For the other airlines anyway ). But with America West they just keep missing the connectors at Phoenix and Las Vegas. Then they just dump you there and you're on your own.

Comment

Me: "The only thing I have there is the <hotel> for $109"
                                SC: "Do you have anything else?"
                                Me: "That's the only thing I have."
                                GK, I was hoping you'd offer your place.

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                                Who's with me?!?!
                                I am!!!!!! I have a spazzed out tabby that we call Bitey when he's not answering to Grissom.

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
                                Thanks GK, now you've got me looking everywhere for a jug band CCR sound file.
                                If you ever find it, pass it along.
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X