This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
    GK, I was hoping you'd offer your place.
    No, callers get the rat pee basin. =p

Sides, I don't normally charge for my couch.

Comment

Cool. I'll bring my own pillow(s) and blankie, if you'd like.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        No, callers get the rat pee basin. =p

Sides, I don't normally charge for my couch.
        ..... You realize this will be interpreted by rabid fangirls as "Please join me in my comfy bed"

*Gets the rabies shots ready*
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I can add my cat to the strike force. Although she's just as likely to go after the other cats as anything else. Unless you dangle string, then she'll focus. Oh, and I can throw in my radioactive Boll scorpions, too.

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          Cool. I'll bring my own pillow(s) and blankie, if you'd like.
          I have an air mattress, so I just need a bit of floor space.

... and the address...

Quoth Jester View Post
          And while there are parts of Phoenix I can understand not liking, Phoenix is, physically, the LARGEST CITY IN THE NATION, clocking in at well over 400 square miles just within the city limits of Phoenix itself.
          Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble, there, Jester, but according to the Answers.com Wikipedia, Phoenix clocks in at #10, with an area of 515. Top honors go to Sitka, Alaska, which has an area of over 2800. #2 & 3 are also in Alaska; Juneau with over 2700, and Anchorage with nearly 1700.

If you want to keep it continental, then you've got Jacksonville, FL, with 758. Following that are Anaconda, MT (737), and then Butte, MT(716). After that are Oklahoma City (607), and Houston (579). With Honolulu (600) between them.

After Phoenix, you've got Nashville (502) right ahead of Los Angeles (465), which is my neck of the woods.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

.... *grabs armor and a big stick* GK i wouldn't need this if you thouhgt before you typed! *ducks behind GK as he is tackled by the fan girls*

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble, there, Jester, but according to the Answers.com Wikipedia, Phoenix clocks in at #10, with an area of 515.
              #1, #10, my point still stands that the City of Phoenix is damn huge, even without all its suburbs. And that in that large a city, if you don't like one part, there are bound to be plenty of other parts that rock.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

i thought we where done debating over the woohoo/suckiness of phoenix

Comment

I can't offer up my cat in assistance of the sacking of Manitoba, but I can offer my new friend the Patio Squirrel. I moved into a new apartment yesterday, and while I am on the fourth floor, the squirrel came to visit me this morning and taunt my skittish cat through the glass. He mooned her, cleaned his paws at her, and wagged his tail at her. She just sat and stewed.

Comment

ohhhh fenigdurak that reminds me... I also offer my Squirrel Statue of Evil to the Manitoba Resistance army (Which until you guys kept talking about canada i thought was in Africa....)

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                      The Cubs? Seriously, the Cubs? Sorry, St. Louis Cardinals (baseball) fan here. Plus, I hate Chicago in general (certain individuals are exempt).
                      At least she didn't say the Sox. And some of us better be exempt--I'm Chi-town born and raised, and I love my city, thankyouverymuch.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                        As for America West, you're lucky they even give you the voucher to be honest. Some airlines will cover the room ( Air Canada typically does ). But America West, US Airways, Continental and Delta will all just say "suck it" and give you my number.

Still, America West / US Airways is by far the worst offender.
                        There is a reason many people refer to it as "America Worst". They're horrible. Southwest Airlines is much better.
                        Quoth Jester View Post
                        Two, as a PROUD Arizonan (GO SUN DEVILS!), I would definitely send my friends to Phoenix, but not SC's, as Phoenix is a beautiful place.
                        North Phoenix is okay, Tempe and West Mesa are nice (though Tempe hasn't been quite the same since Mill Avenue went commercial). There are some lovely towns in Northern Arizona, like Flagstaff, Prescott and Sedona, where the Phoenixians go on the weekends to escape the heat.
                        Quoth Jester View Post
                        That being said, as much as I love Phoenix and the heat of the desert, I would NOT send people I like to Phoenix at this time of year, especially if they had never been to such a place. It would fry them, and they would never talk to me again! This is the time of year when you SHOULD send SCs to Phoenix!
                        The heat is brutal. It's been getting near record heat this year. Still, not quite as bad as June 26, 1990...

I called my brother in Phoenix, and told him it was looking to hit 104 F in Eugene OR. He started laughing, then I reminded him that it was only supposed to last for two days. His laughter died pretty quick!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

GK, my cats are available for your attack on Manitoba. Granted, the one will probably whine for food well before we even hit Alberta and the other will find her tail rather distracting while we trek across Saskatchewan (cuz, ya know, there really isn't much else to look at there).

And do be careful when you make *any* reference to staying at your place-your fangirl base here is growing and may start to get antsy.
                          -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                          -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            I have an air mattress, so I just need a bit of floor space.

... and the address...
                            I don't even need the couch. Just a few small feet of floor space.

Yes, the address WOULD be helpful, now that I think of it...

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                            the squirrel came to visit me this morning and taunt my skittish cat through the glass. He mooned her, cleaned his paws at her, and wagged his tail at her.
                            Oh, I wish I could've seen that!!!!!!!!!!
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Its rare that I get Air Canada passengers and they usually cover the hotel room. But I haven't flown Air Canada in something like 12 years.

We assist passengers from something like 40 airlines total. However we only get calls from, in order of frequency: America West, US Airways, Continental, Delta and Air Canada. The other 35 never pop up.

Also, god help you if you EVER get stranded in Alaska. Even if we can find a vacancy for you there in the middle of the night its almost always in the $200+ range.

PS. Never, if you have to call us from Vegas, never, ever accept the Emerald Suites Tropicana. It is a hellhole. There's a reason its only $30. -.-

PPS. My place is small, you can't camp out here. =p

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                                The heat is brutal. It's been getting near record heat this year. Still, not quite as bad as June 26, 1990...
                                I remember the day well, and somewhere, probably back home in storage, I have a t-shirt commemorating it.

122 F in the shade.

And boys and girls, as I always say...Phoenix doesn't have any fucking shade. Maybe 2 square feet downtown.

Maybe.

And any smartass who says "Oh but it's a dry heat" needs to be reminded that first of all, technically speaking so is a convection oven, and secondly, we're talking about ONE HUNDRED TWENTY TWO DEGREES IN THE SHADE!

Euro/Celsius translation: And any cheeky sort who says "Oh but it's a dry heat" needs to be reminded that first of all, technically speaking so is a bloody convection oven, and secondly, we're talking about FIFTY DEGREES IN THE SHADE!

Those are the kinds of days where the Phoenix airport gets shut down because the planes are sticking to the melting tarmac. And no, I am not making that one up, either.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X