This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I dont like "hot" guys

I see a lot of people throughout the day. Hot guys are not my least favorite type but they deserve an honorable mention. I dont mind middle aged or dorky guys flirting (G-rated) with me. It helps pass the day. I do hate it when those cocky pretty boys come in my line. They joke, they wink, they act like I should be falling over myself for them. It makes me down right uncomfortable. I know they are not actually into me. I have the more classic long hair sensual look vs the girls gone wild type. Not in style currently *shrugs*. I will live. But grrr can anyone else relate? Same goes for co-workers. If I can tell that you put way too much time doing your hair and you act like a complete ass Im not going to be amused. Give me the quiet sweet and smart type any day!!!!

I remember those guys. They're either A) so used to every woman swooning that they don't understand how to dial it down a notch, or B) are trying to get better service/extra's/notch in their belts, etc.

I'd suggest holding up a mirror the next time it happens, it'd distract them enough (ooo, shiny... and what an utterly handsome fellow I am!) for you to get them done and gone without the extra layer of creeps.
    "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth novicecrafter View Post
      Give me the quiet sweet and smart type any day!!!!
      HI!
      <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Yeah thats what I was trying to get out (couldnt think of how to describe it) they cant freakin tone it down!!! Its really really annoying - club attitude at the grocery store checkout. Extra points if you have two hot chicks on your arm and are buying tons of beer *sighs*.

Oh and Hi lingering grin

Comment

I have the more classic long hair sensual look
          *drool* Stylish haircuts on vapid blondes are boring.

Stick with us middle-aged, short, fat, not-very-handsome guys. We try harder!
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post

No! Stick with the funny, intelligent, sarcastic, scrawny guys!

Hi again! lol
            <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

I'd take a funny, sweet, witty guy over a hot guy anyday
              I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Sorry, but I'm taken.
                "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
                "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
                --Dilbert

Comment

can I be the one who says I don't hate hot guys...

what, they make women realize how unimportant looks are and give me a fighting chance...

and sense everyone else is doing a wave,
                  tall, fat, funny, intelligent guys can do just as well as the scrawney guys, maybe even better
                  Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 05-03-2008, 01:28 PM. Reason: typo
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I was just thinking about this the other day.

It seemed like there was one after another in the store last week. Douchebags on parade. I started wondering aloud if they had recently opened a Hollister store in the plaza or something.

Thankfully, they don't hit on me. I'm a slight bit too old and my clothes are not stylish. But they did strut around with an undeserved sense of entitlement. They would look me up and down, deem me unworthy, and ignore me.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
                      No! Stick with the funny, intelligent, sarcastic, scrawny guys!

Hi again! lol
                      See, that's more my type

I once had approached a guy at work to tell him our boss wanted to see him (it was the first time I'd ever spoken to him, even though we went to school together and were even in the same class). He literally turned to me and said "Down, girl, don't get too excited".... I just gave him my most scornful, disgusted look and said "please. Don't flatter yourself. Just because the other girls like pretty boys doesn't mean I don't like a guy with a BRAIN. Oh, and boss wants to see you. Possibly about the sexual harrassment complaint I'm about to make." Should have seen his face He turns to one of the fawning masses that were always teeming around him instead of actually, y'know, working... and said, "Did she just say I'm not smart?"
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

To be fair, most girls that think they're hot are no better. Most of the EW's I've ever dealt with were girls that thought they were hot (some were, some should really look into burkhas) flirting with me wanting me to overlook little things like them not paying for stuff. Every one of them acted like the guys you describe. It got annoying, especially when they realized they wouldn't get what they wanted. The best part was when I worked at burger king, I had a female manager. They liked asking for a manager when I didn't fall to my knees worshiping them and then when the boss lady came up, most of them just mumbled "nevermind" and walked away.

And for the record, I'm a quiet sweet smart guy. I'm also happily engaged to a beautiful girl who shares my interests, so you guys should know you'll find someone as long as you don't give up.

Comment

I have to agree about some of the females. Many of them act like I should be thrilled just to have the privelege of being in their presence.

What I hate most about these types of EITHER sex is that the level of ditziness or stupidity seems to rise exponentially in direct relation to their perceived level of beauty.

Brains are preferable to looks in my opinion anytime.

By the way, novicecrafter, I happen to think that the classic-looking long hair you describe is much more attractive than most of the "fashionable" hairstyles I see today.

Comment

Personally I prefer brains over looks but thats difficult to find. I do agree most and I do mean most, prefer perfect looks etc or whatever and definitely would not tolerate gaming.
                            Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post

Women neet to appreciate HMT's (Hairy Man Tits).

We had this book once called something like "Sex tips for straight women from a gay man". The bastard didn't mention bears at all. I'm wondering if the author didn't like bears or liked them so much that he didn't want any competition from women.
                              Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Working...
                              X