Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol I have trouble with those pretty boys myself, I like my men smart, and scrawny. The whole hot guy thing does nothing for me. Plus I prefer older men, they have sexier voices.

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
      No! Stick with the funny, intelligent, sarcastic, scrawny guys!

Hi again! lol
      See there, Lingering, you're in a PERFECT position to become her friend.

Y'know, the person who tells you about all those jerks she dates, constantly wondering why all the guys she meets turn out to be douches, and wondering why she can't find any guys like you, who are just her type.

But not YOU, of course. Never YOU. But she'll happily use you as a standard to measure all the other guys she dates. Possibly even they'll become frustrated by not being able to live up to the standard you set.

Sorry if I sound bitter. I've been in that position a couple of times. A friend of mine calls it the 'Teddy Bear Syndrome'. Where a girl you like will happily tell you all about the twits she dates, lamenting how she wishes they were more like you. However, if you ever bring up the subject of going on a date with her, responds something along the lines of 'That's funny! You're so sweet, but you don't have to do that. I'll find someone perfect for me someday, don't worry.'

Seriously, though, I think the jerks always get all the dates because they just keep trying, relentlessly, blocking the sight and thought of any other guys until the girl just gives in and figures that's all there really is out there.
      Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
        No! Stick with the funny, intelligent, sarcastic, scrawny guys!

Hi again! lol
        Ooo!! Can I say hi too?
        I'm tiny with long hair, real smart, too many tattoos... nice face too.

Quoth Polenicus View Post

Y'know, the person who tells you about all those jerks she dates, constantly wondering why all the guys she meets turn out to be douches, and wondering why she can't find any guys like you, who are just her type.

But not YOU, of course. Never YOU. But she'll happily use you as a standard to measure all the other guys she dates. Possibly even they'll become frustrated by not being able to live up to the standard you set.
        I'm sorry, I have one of those boys... But in my case he kinda deserves it. Here me out before you judge me!! I spent 7 years professing my love to this guy, being the one he compared girls to, but wouldn't date. He always said he wanted to wait til his life was more together before dating me... Well recently I finally came to terms with this, then he asked me out. So yeah, he lodged himself firmly in the friend zone...
        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

I hit the jackpot - TTO is hawt AND geeky AND funny! Alright, he's not classically attractive, and he's not the Jock Type that society seems to worship. But to me, he's the hottest man in the universe. Ever.

Of course, if Simon Pegg were to show up on my door step....
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Seriously, though, I think the jerks always get all the dates because they just keep trying, relentlessly, blocking the sight and thought of any other guys until the girl just gives in and figures that's all there really is out there.
            Just my opinion after observing people, but I think it's the mystery of the bad boys that some women are after. While a guy may be the super standard, if he's her best friend there's nothing left to explore or intrigue her, nothing to feel a rush about straight off the bat. I guess it might go hand in hand with the saying, 'familiarity breeds contempt'.

Of course, after the bad boy unveils his true self, the women go back to their best friends because they're the ones that count. (or the smart ones do, anyway!)
            "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

When I was driving, there was a co-worker who just thought he was god's gift to women. He wasn't bad looking - I found him rather attractive and he just oozed charm. However, he was a freakin' pig. I mean, PIG! He would hit on me and ask me to hang out with him....I don't date co-workers so it was a no go. He'd try to tell me how good he would treat me and would lay on the charm really thick and I just never took the bait. But, that's not the reason I found him to be a pig...

...he would tell graphic stories about the women he was with. Each day, he had a new story. Sometimes the same girl, sometimes another girl. He spoke so poorly about these supposed women he was with that it made me sick. After relating these stories to his co-workers - including me - he'd catch me alone in the shop and just lay on the charm again asking me to spend time with him. AS IF!!!!! I have more respect for myself than to be another notch in someones bed post and another story for them to tell.
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

inorite

I won't date someone unless s/he's got some serious geek cred. First of all, the mass majority of my interests are nerdy, so I have to have something in common, no? Second, I kinda dig the nerd look. Third, geeks are usually nicer.

All of my crushes when I was younger were nerds: Dr. Daniel Jackson, Bill Nye, River Cuomo, Beakman, etc. I guess it's a lifelong thing.
                "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
                "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
                X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Comment

Sorry if I sound bitter. I've been in that position a couple of times. A friend of mine calls it the 'Teddy Bear Syndrome'. Where a girl you like will happily tell you all about the twits she dates, lamenting how she wishes they were more like you. However, if you ever bring up the subject of going on a date with her, responds something along the lines of 'That's funny! You're so sweet, but you don't have to do that. I'll find someone perfect for me someday, don't worry.'

BING BING BING BING BING!!!!! You have just succeeded in describing EVERY. SINGLE. WOMAN. in my town. It's completely ridiculous. Well, geniuses, maybe if you didn't sink your claws into the very first oil rigger (a.k.a. RICH) you saw and actually LOOKED for a good man (nothing against oil riggers in general, but the oil riggers HERE are absolute douches who treat their women like dogshit), you would be able to find one. But the second a guy comes along that isn't handsome or rich, they all turn into stuck up C U Next Tuesdays.
                  Think. It's not illegal yet.

Comment

*looks at the dead server behind him...at his *house,* and the other computers in the office...* To quote LOLcat, "Geek cred, I Haz it"
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth unclejampuff View Post
                      All of my crushes when I was younger were nerds: Dr. Daniel Jackson, Bill Nye, River Cuomo, Beakman, etc. I guess it's a lifelong thing.
                      Beakman!!! I still watch Beakman's World whenever I catch on weekend mornings. heehee!
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I never got into the whole dating thing.

I always started off being friends, and worked from there.

As for the 'person you like using you as a yardstick but not a contendor' thing, I had a really adorable guy (one of the true "nice guys" women like to say they want to find) do that with me.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think it is as much about confidence as appearance. But what do I know, I'm an eternally single, scrawny, geeky guy.
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                            *sigh* I looooovve geeks. But I am a geek. I mean, I own 'Mythbusters' on DVD. I can quote 'Star Wars'. I like video games. I'm a frickin theatre history student. To me, that should mean that a line of lovable dorky types would be lined up at my door....but alas...

My dreamboat? Sean Murray aka 'Special Agent Timothy McGee' on NCIS. mmmmm, geeky.

Is it just me or is it always that you find someone thats your type yet they are like 5 states away never anyone local.
                            Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

Somewhat close to that, Darrien. The ones that you THINK you are the most compatable with always tell you "You're just a friend" or "I think of you as my sister" or some other lame excuse. I've heard them all.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                                But I'm definitely above "Holy crap, what happened to your face?!"
                                Amusingly, the day I shaved my goatee off a few weeks ago, two different people that I know saw me and said, and I quote, "Dude, what the fuck happened to your face?" Keep in mind, a clean shaven Jester has been a rare Jester around these parts......

Quoth DeeSandwichArtist View Post
                                Lol I have trouble with those pretty boys myself, I like my men smart, and scrawny. The whole hot guy thing does nothing for me. Plus I prefer older men, they have sexier voices.
                                (in the DJ voice from my broadcasting days) "Hi there!"

Smart? Check.
                                Scrawny? Used to be. Now just thin.
                                Older? Probably.
                                Sexy voice? Based on other people's comments to me about it, definitely.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X