This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
    *sigh* I looooovve geeks. But I am a geek. I mean, I own 'Mythbusters' on DVD. I can quote 'Star Wars'. I like video games. I'm a frickin theatre history student. To me, that should mean that a line of lovable dorky types would be lined up at my door....but alas...

My dreamboat? Sean Murray aka 'Special Agent Timothy McGee' on NCIS. mmmmm, geeky.
    A few Star Wars quotes for moments of intimacy.

"You want this....don't you?"

"Put that thing away! (or you're going to get us all killed!")
    I don't like your attitude!
    Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Comment

I was unfortunate enough to witness a well-built surfer dude make a complete A-hole of himself in front of a cashier. Boy was he pathetic - might as well have said "Hey Princess Dateless, look over here at Prince Charming!" Me and two other customers were all exchanging looks and snickering, and she let fly a string of cusswords to make a Marine proud once he was out the door. Didn't blame her.

Comment

"Hot" guys. :scoff: Not too keen on them.

"Hot" girls. I know one. She's something else, all right. Sweet enough, don't get me wrong, but an ego the size of the universe.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

<looks mirror>

Tall
          Chubby Fluffy
          Glasses-wearing
          Treats on dates
          Getting a rep as "The Snarky One" after the GM went so red with suppressed laughter last week that jokes were made about the paint on the wall blistering.

My PM mailbox is available.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            Tall
            Chubby Fluffy
            Glasses-wearing
            Treats on dates
            Getting a rep as "The Snarky One" after the GM went so red with suppressed laughter last week that jokes were made about the paint on the wall blistering.
            How YOU doin'?

Should we re-title this thread "The CS Lonely Hearts Club"?
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

same here, blas; i was the 'eternal friend' to many guys who complained about 'where all the normal ones have gone.' um, try looking HARDER, genius.

slim build also works for me; my first serious boyfriend wasn't that much taller than me, but slim, and not hot, but adorable, especially when he made a monkey face and said 'oop' to me.

*i have such a weird sense of humor*
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                Y'know, the person who tells you about all those jerks she dates, constantly wondering why all the guys she meets turn out to be douches, and wondering why she can't find any guys like you, who are just her type.

But not YOU, of course. Never YOU. But she'll happily use you as a standard to measure all the other guys she dates. Possibly even they'll become frustrated by not being able to live up to the standard you set.

Sorry if I sound bitter. I've been in that position a couple of times. A friend of mine calls it the 'Teddy Bear Syndrome'. Where a girl you like will happily tell you all about the twits she dates, lamenting how she wishes they were more like you. However, if you ever bring up the subject of going on a date with her, responds something along the lines of 'That's funny! You're so sweet, but you don't have to do that. I'll find someone perfect for me someday, don't worry.'
                You know I had a situation similar to that. I had a friend, I'll call her Jenn, in high school that had a crush on me and I had NO idea (I only found out several years later when my Mom pointed out that it was obvious that she had a crush on me. hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20 or in my case 20/10) . I kinda wish I had known, but..... if wishes were fishes... Anyway time moved on and pretty soon I found myself in the "Teddy Bear Syndrome" with this same Jenn. She had a jerk boyfriend that she had been dating and then started sleeping with. That hurt the most because she was the type of girl that wanted to wait till marriage but... "one day it just happened". (Albeit she was in an altered state because she had slipped on the ice and suffered a bad concussion.) so after some time I finally made up my mind and I told her how I felt. She was upset first, and then became furious with me. We cried, we yelled at eachother and then a few days later we eventually made up. I still consider her to be my friend even though we have lost touch with eachother.

As good of a friend as Jenn is and as much as I still love her (but as a friend), I wouldn't trade her for my loving wife of 8 years. Besides... who can claim that they held their future spouse as a baby.

.........Yes I held my wife when she was a 6-month old baby and I was 5 years old. I love telling people when they ask, "how did you meet your wife?" I answer and say, "Her mom handed her to me and said, 'why don't you hold her?'" Nobody knew we would eventually get married. Not me and least of all, our parents.
                Last edited by Brightglaive; 05-06-2008, 05:31 PM.
                You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

If I can remember back to the OP ..., that's one thing I don't miss about retail, the random pointless flirting.

It was like, "Dude, just because I'm trapped behind this counter doesn't mean that you can keep talking to me like that. And, another thing, don't flirt with me, tell me that you're old enough to be my grandfather, flirt some more, AND THEN DON'T EVEN BUY ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ARG!!!!

Okay, I'm over it.

I still have some hang ups from previous relationships. I pray to Gord that I can get over them one day, perferably soon. I'm really getting tired of being alone. Of course, that means I'm going to learn how to have a life again, so I can actually meet someone.

Till then, I'll be happy in my imaginary love triangle with David Boreanaz and Antonio Banderas. Sigh... Drool....
                  SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                  SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Brightglaive View Post
                    Yes I held my wife when she was a 6-month old baby and I was 5 years old. I love telling people when they ask, "how did you meet your wife?" I answer and say, "Her mom handed her to me and said, 'why don't you hold her?'" Nobody knew we would eventually get married. Not me and least of all, our parents.
                    I just want to say that's the cutest thing I've heard all day
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Amusingly, the day I shaved my goatee off a few weeks ago, two different people that I know saw me and said, and I quote, "Dude, what the fuck happened to your face?" Keep in mind, a clean shaven Jester has been a rare Jester around these parts......
                      No more goatee? Wow!

How long before your avatar is updated to the new look?
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I had the hardest time attracting attention from guys in my teen years. I was way too outspoken, or too geeky, or too challenging, and my hobbies involved swords and the use thereof. Guys loved to pretend they wanted that kind of girl but it scares the crap out of them. Took me years to find one who isn't afraid of me.
                        "Pretty" guys are hilarious. If they know they are especially.
                        There were these guys who were horrible to me all through elementary school, while they were "popular", and then they ended up in classes with me in High school. Meanwhile I had added eight inches of height and a rather noticeable hourglass figure that was a bit mature for a highschooler. I got the revenge of watching their eyes follow me across the room and literally seeing the thought on their faces- "I will never even be able to flirt with her".
                        Too late, losers. pwned.
                        "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

The last guy I dated was pretty cute and could get any girl he wanted. I had worked with him for a few months before we started dating and he just assumed after our second date that he could get in my pants since all of his previous girlfriends were easy. When I told him that I wasn't interested in dating him anymore, he told a bunch of my coworkers that he didn't understand why I didn't like him since he's so hot and sweet and blah blah blah. He said that I must be a lesbian because every other girl would flock to him. Turns out, he was half right. Although I didn't tell him, I'm bi which means I get the best of both worlds. I get the emotional and physical beauty (and that doesn't mean thin and blonde... I think all women are beautiful) of a woman. But I also can date really sweet and genuine guys. Sometimes I think it must suck to be a straight girl and have to settle with assholes for boyfriends.

Anywho, I usually get hit on by older guys but there have been a few guys my age who have hit on me recently. Just two days ago, while I was working, two guys came up to me and asked me for my number. They thought they were hot stuff but I turned them down.

Comment

Quoth childofsolitude View Post
                            Sometimes I think it must suck to be a straight girl and have to settle with assholes for boyfriends.
                            It's not because they *have* to, but because they *choose* to settle for assholes. They all want the "nice guys" but because we don't look right, make enough cash, drive the right car, etc. they ignore us. Then we usually get to listen to them (not all of them, but enough that it's annoying) bitch about how "he's such an asshole." Well, if he's "such an asshole" why the hell are you with him then Sorry, but listening to that just pisses me off.

It just sucks though, that I always end up with friends of the girls, and nothing more
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

If Only.............

If only every woman in the world would go for the sweet sensitive guy. Then I would actually have a girlfriend.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                                They all want the "nice guys" but because we don't look right, make enough cash, drive the right car, etc. they ignore us.
                                That sums it up pretty well, I'd say. The car thing, especially. It seems like if you drive a sensible, economical car, you're doomed to be dateless forever. But that's OK - I figure the type of girl that requires all that out of her boyfriend is someone I probably wouldn't want anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X