• Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Alternate Uses

Me: “Ok, and what size would you like?”
    SC: “2XL”
    Me: “I’m afraid I don’t have 2XL in stock. I have XL?”
    SC: “Hmm ok, I’ll take XL. I can hang it.”
    I know the answer! Your SC can fit into an XL but expects it to shrink in the dryer, thus making it too small. The easiest thing to do in this situation is to buy your clothes in a size bigger than what actually fits to that when it shrinks in the dryer, they are still wearable. In light of the unavailability of the 2XL, though, your SC is opting to hang the XL to dry, thus avoiding shrinkage.

Not that I've done that before, or anything.
    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Gotta love them landmarks...As I recall, just about ANY set of directions in Atlanta can potentially involve a reference to The Big Chicken...
      You forgot to mention how almost every other street or other thoroughfare is named "Peachtree", in Atlanta.

Most places, you can blow off the St/Ave/Rd/etc and usually still find the right street. Not in Atlanta. And woe betide the poor sap who doesn't pay attention to the compass modifiers (n/s/e/w) in the street name...
      No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
        I know the answer!
        Dunno, where this woman was calling from it doesn't get out of single digit temperatures even in the middle of summer at the hottest point of the day. You'd have to hang it inside. If you hung it outside you'd be chiseling it down. >.>

Thats presuming of course she had the foresight and planning to achieve the simplistic scenario you describe. Of which I am....doubtful.

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
          Dude...are you related to my MIL???

Asking directions to an obscure address you will get 'Well, go down here until the third driveway past where the old road used to come out, and turn left after the house that used to be white. "What color is it NOW???" Oh...yellow, I think.
          I always found the easiest to follow directions were when we lived in the UK. You simply navigated by pubs (which could go for hundreds of years without changing names, LOL). I don't think I ever got a set of directions in my decade there that didn't include something like, "Turn left at the Red Lion, then go past the King's Arms, and make a right at the Black Bear".

Easiest method in the world Of course, could possibly cause delays if you insisted on visiting each one enroute.....

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Dune reference FTW! GK, I think I'm in love with you...

Comment

I'm waiting for Sheldon to make some insinnuendo about the thread title...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                I'd say that it's too easy, but Sheldon loves 'em easy.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

The heat seems to have driven a handful of this cities fair citizens into madness as well. For when my bus pulled away this evening after I got on I looked out the window….only to see someone looking back at me. On a bike. Trying to desperately race the bus. To his credit ( and wild, lunatic eyes ) he managed to keep neck and neck for approximately 3 seconds until the bus driver actually put a foot on the gas pedal.

I didn’t think much of his feeble attempt….till some time later after the bus turned a corner and pulled up at a red light and this maniacal bike goblin reappeared. He had cut cross country through yards and fields to head the bus off at the pass. At this point I began to have my doubts about his sanity. There didn’t seem to be any purpose to his pursuit beyond the desire to race. I could sort of understand if there was say, a bomb on the bus that would detonate if we dropped below a certain speed and this plucky youngster was desperately trying to warn us. But no….no. He waited for the light to change so that the game could once again be afoot. He wasn’t about to just keep going on down the sidewalk while the bus was stuck at the light. That wouldn’t be sporting.
                  I don't think this was the heat, my friend. This was just a cyclist being a cyclist. How do I know this? I am a cyclist, and I can tell you unashamedly I have done exactly what he did. I have hauled ass behind a bus, in a knowingly impossible attempt to race it. Why? Well, it gives us something to race against, a pace vehicle, as it were, and its fun. Also, since buses do stop periodically, it is conceivable for a cyclist to get somewhere faster than a bus. Also, as cyclists we are slightly nuts.

And by the way, GK, this dude was doing it in, what, 31C? I've done it in 45C+.

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                  dammit GK! Stop making me laugh so hard that I have to clean the monitor off!
                  Joi, come now. You've been here long enough to know not to read a GK post while eating and/or drinking. Tsk, tsk....I expected more from you, young lady.

Dunno, where this woman was calling from it doesn't get out of single digit temperatures even in the middle of summer at the hottest point of the day. You'd have to hang it inside.
                  Hanging laundry inside is not that odd. I often do it with certain things I don't want to put in the dryer, such as my football jerseys. And I know I am not the only one.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

IDK I kinda find them cute...

Anyhow, the skytrain and nunavut escaping are really powerfull omens. It's very probable the cuendillar of the seals is finally degrading, and the dark one is escaping...

We need the dragon, soon.
                    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

I trust you at least wear deodorant while you're doing it, Jester. >.>

This guy was pretty....skizzy, and managed to touch several senses when I walked past him. Also, he was on one of those little "I beat up a 6 year old and stole this" bikes. So the image of him desperately peddling to catch a bus was rather absurd.

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Hanging laundry inside is not that odd. I often do it with certain things I don't want to put in the dryer, such as my football jerseys. And I know I am not the only one.
                      I do it occasionally for certain things, yeah. Though I can't say as I've managed to shrink a shirt doing it. Let alone a hooded sweat.

Comment

so uhm GK... would you like my Phoenix Down? I mean you gotta defeat that so an... EVIL PSYCHOPATHIC CLOWN! ...FAIRY GODPARENTS! can't move the statues in Nunavut.

BTW I'll be Relm... without the magical art powers...

Comment

Quoth Nohbody View Post
                          And woe betide the poor sap who doesn't pay attention to the compass modifiers (n/s/e/w) in the street name...
                          Utah can be just as bad... there is a huge difference between 2700 West and 2700 East... like nearly 7 miles worth of difference...

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          So am I... I was tempted to make an innuendo myself, but I know how much better Sheldon can do...
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

This guy was pretty....skizzy, and managed to touch several senses when I walked past him.
                            Elfen Leid! Quit saying things that invoke MSPaint.

Comment

Aging

Me: “Alright, and what would you like to order?”
                              SC: “Da glasses…..the Oakley ones wif the iPod in dem?”

Ah yes, the $600 MP3 sunglasses I assume? I love how you’ve managed to advance far enough to add the term “iPod” to your vocabulary but not far enough to grasp the fact that’s the name of the device, not the function. So close, yet so far. It’s like how your mom kept calling every video game system you owned as you grew up an “Atari”. Or a Nintendo, for some of you slightly younger viewers……..or an X-Box for you even younger viewers. Err…X-Box 360?

Oh god….I’m old, aren’t I?

Atleast you disn't refer to kaliko!!
                              You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Quoth AmethystSquirrel View Post
                                Atleast you disn't refer to kaliko!!
                                You mean the Colecovision? Never had one of those. Intellivision for me.
                                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                                X