Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ColecoVision was awesome - Im only 21 but i've played one - Turbo (their pole position clone) was friggin awesome with the steering wheel.

Comment

I had an Intellivision but I found it at a garage sale when I was 14 ;p

Dungeons & Dragons~

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        I had an Intellivision but I found it at a garage sale when I was 14 ;p

Dungeons & Dragons~
        Pfft. Whippersnapper. I had it until one of the controller cords frayed, then my parents got me a NES.

But yes, AD&D was a wicked game for the Intellivision
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          Pfft. Whippersnapper. I had it until one of the controller cords frayed, then my parents got me a NES.

But yes, AD&D was a wicked game for the Intellivision
          I had an Atari before the NES came out. I for the life of me cannot place the name of the one game I remember playing all the time though. It made utterly no sense, you were some sort of bug trying to whittle away at the blocks around this....giant pixel you had to kill.

What was the name of it....

Comment

I had an Atari before the NES came out. I for the life of me cannot place the name of the one game I remember playing all the time though. It made utterly no sense, you were some sort of bug trying to whittle away at the blocks around this....giant pixel you had to kill.

Sounds kinda like Yars' Revenge. Didn't play that one all that much; preferred Joust on my Atari 7800. Now there's an obscure system...
            Goofy music!
            Old tech junk!

Comment

Quoth AdamAnt316 View Post
              preferred Joust on my Atari 7800. Now there's an obscure system...
              No, just unpopular. There's a difference Now, the VECTREX. I'm pretty sure that's obscure.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                No, just unpopular. There's a difference Now, the VECTREX. I'm pretty sure that's obscure.
                I have one of those too! Got it through a friend, who found it in a record store, of all places. Froze up after turning it on for the first year I had it, then miraculously started working fine all on it's own. Only have the built-in game, but it's still fun.
                Goofy music!
                Old tech junk!

Comment

...Weren't we one-upping one another with regards to personal video game/computer-related old age in another thread already? ^_^

I'll see your Vectrex and raise you a Sears Tele-Games.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sounds kinda like Yars' Revenge. Didn't play that one all that much; preferred Joust on my Atari 7800. Now there's an obscure system...
                    Sort of...the one I'm thinking you're at the bottom of the screen and giant bugs are involved somehow. -.-

and I know Vectrix. Again, from yard sales....

Comment

My primary concern now is simply getting from my house to the bus stop and back without collapsing or being waylaid by Fremen.

<snip>

( On a side note, after this rant, a coworker christened me Muad'dib. >.> )
                      WIN!! Dune references rock my socks!
                      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Sort of...the one I'm thinking you're at the bottom of the screen and giant bugs are involved somehow. -.-

and I know Vectrix. Again, from yard sales....
                        I think I know what you're referring to now: Phoenix. The part about shooting away at various blocks sounds like the occasional boss battles, while the bugs are from the standard levels. Sorta a cross between Space Invaders and Galaga. Another classic.

My first sighting of a Vectrex was at a hole-in-the-wall flea market which is long-gone. It didn't have any games or accessories, but it was damn cool, and priced only $10. Unfortunately, I couldn't come up with the funds at the time, and when I went back the next week, it was gone. Fortunately, I've made up for it in the meantime.
                        Goofy music!
                        Old tech junk!

Comment

I think I know what you're referring to now: Phoenix.
                          Nope. It had a lot less colours than that. Damn its really going to drive me batty now till I find it. ;p

Comment

My dad used to have CoCo's, versions 1, 2 and 3. 1 and 2 were cassette-loaded DOS games... 3 had slot-loaded cartridges. Now, the saddest thing is... he has three of each - one is a complete, working model and the others were the spare parts - and he STILL HAS THEM.

I can understand they're vintage... but dad, come on... they've been in STORAGE the last 15 YEARS. I don't think they even WORK right anymore!!

However, I have to admit, my favorite games for them were:

a game that started with a "G"... it was a cassette-load DOS. I think it was something like "Grunge" or some thing. It was a monster-hunter game.

Rampage.

Miami Vice.

Oh yes... when my brother was old enough to figure out how DOS worked... he was about three years old... he taught me how to change the color of the screen and play midi music by writing short programs.

Can't remember it now for the life of me though.

you can look at this list, see if something jumps out as famililar-ish... Atarti 2600 Games List
                            Last edited by Broomjockey; 08-05-2009, 03:33 AM. Reason: consecutive posts
                            "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                            ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Quoth Munkie View Post
                              you can look at this list, see if something jumps out as famililar-ish... Atarti 2600 Games List
                              I'm starting to wonder if it wasn't on an older system. Because those all have too many colours and too small pixels.

This game had pixels large enough to bludgeon a man to death with.

I use to play a lot of Jumpjet and Police Quest on my archaic IBM PC. Also large enough and heavy enough to kill a man.

Oh oh, Karateka!

Comment

This game had pixels large enough to bludgeon a man to death with.
                                How big, like, Pong big?
                                Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Working...
                                X