Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhat related to my encounter with Zombie Evangelist Biker Dude: Corporate Recognition as a Destroyer of the Undead
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

There's this lady who comes buy where I work and every so often will give me one of those post-it note size Jesus comic books. Sometimes, she'll come back the next day and try and give me a reading quiz of sorts. She's yet to ask me to pray the "Jesus prayer", though.

Comment

As a public service whenever I find religious pamphlets of any sort, I either

A) Throw them away
        B) Rip, them up, THEN do A

I'm going to hell, aren't I.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth guitardude1987 View Post
          There's this lady who comes buy where I work and every so often will give me one of those post-it note size Jesus comic books. Sometimes, she'll come back the next day and try and give me a reading quiz of sorts. She's yet to ask me to pray the "Jesus prayer", though.
          Oh, so SHE'S the one who is littering the whole world with Chick Tracts?

We used to find them all over the floor at the Fantastically Awesome Old toy store and would read them for amusement in the break room.
          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Please don't get me started on that Chick stuff. I would start off so deep in fratching territory I may never find my way back.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              I've always wanted to ask people who talk about 'curing homosexuality' if that means that heterosexuality can be cured. Seeing as I would not want somebody to try to 'cure' me of heterosexuality..I sure hope not. Just seems logical that if one type of sexuality can be 'cured' then the others could be..right?
              You just haven't met the right girl how you doin

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
              Oh, so SHE'S the one who is littering the whole world with Chick Tracts?
              Chick tracts? The only tracts I know are related to hair weave.
              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                Please don't get me started on that Chick stuff. I would start off so deep in fratching territory I may never find my way back.
                (Dials back EE's fratchistat.)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                  You just haven't met the right girl how you doin
                  Just to clarify, I am a male, even if I prefer to not let such labels define me . A pink wearing, unicorn collecting, knows nothing about vehicles straight male .
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                    Chick tracts?
                    Chick Tracts are used for proselytizing Jack Chick's view of the cosmos. He has so much misinformation in them that they are frequently very funny. And some are just sad. One of my favorites is Dark Dungeons, which tells of the "dangers" of fantasy role playing.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      Chick Tracts are used for proselytizing Jack Chick's view of the cosmos. He has so much misinformation in them that they are frequently very funny. And some are just sad. One of my favorites is Dark Dungeons, which tells of the "dangers" of fantasy role playing.
                      And a friend of mine gave it the MST3K treatment: as seen here.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                        Chick tracts?
                        Delusional insanity of the highest order masquerading as a little black & white "comic book".

Comment

If anyone were to ever proselytize to me, I'd probably respond with, "Pie jesu domine dona eis requiem," just to see their reaction.

...unless I'm being proselytized by my half-elf cleric from D&D, since the alternative is generally death (or a number of other calamities from a word of chaos spell).
                          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

My husband's response is to start talking theology, and discussing why they feel that this is the best way to present their faith. Do they feel that they're likely to have a lot of good, aren't they worried about pestering people and turning them off, etc? He made us miss a bus that way once... (he didn't realise we were pressed for time). Come to think of it, we never did look up the verse they quoted in a good translation... (they were good, they gave context when they looked it up for us, but I'm not about to trust the Bible they're carrying, I've seen some scary translations).

Edit: To clarify: not that I'm assuming they must be carrying one of the odd translations which goes against current scholarly convention, just that when I'm not familiar with a specific translation I'm very leery when it's used to justify a position.
                            Last edited by Magpie; 07-27-2010, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I get people some times asking me if God is in my life??? My answer Oh yeah my mom-in-law is a paster.

I had to go to the hospital for an out pashent prasger (Ok spelling is not one of my strong points) mom-in-law took the day off to be with me. So I was saying nothing was going to go wrong mom the paster is her so I have Gods mesenger on my side!! Oh nothing did go wrong went great!!

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                                Don't mind me, I'm just marking where not to go...once my novel about Satan's personal assistant hits the markets, I'll have these religious proselytizers beating my door down.
                                Ok, now I'm super excited to read this book! Hurry up an finish! (seems appropriate).
                                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                                X