Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mind me, I'm just marking where not to go...once my novel about Satan's personal assistant hits the markets, I'll have these religious proselytizers beating my door down.

/shameless self-plugging

I get people all the time telling me to have a 'blessed' day and as someone who isn't "of the faith" it irks me, a lot.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      A way for ex-gays to meet each other and become ex-ex-gays?
      Actually...
      The two men who found out that founded Exodus (the largest conversion therapy group in the world) are now engaged to be married as soon as it is legal

Oh, back to the OP, I had the exact opposite happen today.
      I had a CSR when finishing the call start with the "thank you for calling, have a blessed day, and I hope that you have the light of Jesus in your life"
      I'm sorry, I'm not paying your company for you to try to convert me... keep the discussion on topic of why I'm calling, not my soul, kthxbye.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        .... I hope that you have the light of Jesus in your life"....
        Of course I have the light of Jesus in my life... they sell him as a nightlight at the dollar store.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          Of course I have the light of Jesus in my life... they sell him as a nightlight at the dollar store.
          I'm sorry, I'm so going to hell but I had to snicker at this.
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Oh this thread brought tears of laughter to my eyes.
            I wear my pentacle outside my shirt and I've had some random questions relating to it. Like did I like Twilight because someone's co worker liked Twilight and wore a pentacle.
            If some one tries to preach to me or convert me I just say "I grew up in a Christian home. So I've read the Bible. But I'm not Christian anymore."
            Though that usually prompts them to ask me why.
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              Actually...
              The two men who found out that founded Exodus (the largest conversion therapy group in the world) are now engaged to be married as soon as it is legal
              Remembered an old story I read about the first "cured" man and woman from a group getting married... they're now divorced and in relationships with members for their own gender
              "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                Oh this thread brought tears of laughter to my eyes.
                I wear my pentacle outside my shirt and I've had some random questions relating to it. Like did I like Twilight because someone's co worker liked Twilight and wore a pentacle.
                If some one tries to preach to me or convert me I just say "I grew up in a Christian home. So I've read the Bible. But I'm not Christian anymore."
                Though that usually prompts them to ask me why.
                So did you like Twilight? <runs>

From my reading of atheist blogs and such, it seems it is often the case that people are no longer Christians precisely because they've read the Bible.

Quoth KMMCurly View Post
                Remembered an old story I read about the first "cured" man and woman from a group getting married... they're now divorced and in relationships with members for their own gender
                I'm reminded of an episode of Will & Grace...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That was my experience. The more I read it, the less I could believe it.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    From my reading of atheist blogs and such, it seems it is often the case that people are no longer Christians precisely because they've read the Bible.
                    That's fairly basic for anything that you disagree with though. I mean I never would have taken a women's studies course if I didn't have such a negative impression of feminism from the Women's Centre. I wouldn't study [government]'s theories so much if I didn't think that they were complete idiots, etc. You can't reject something until you know what it is.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                      You can't reject something until you know what it is.
                      Not intelligently, anyway.

Comment

I've always wanted to ask people who talk about 'curing homosexuality' if that means that heterosexuality can be cured. Seeing as I would not want somebody to try to 'cure' me of heterosexuality..I sure hope not. Just seems logical that if one type of sexuality can be 'cured' then the others could be..right?
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          All right everybody sing! "Elvis needs boats...Elvis needs boats...Admiral Elvis...Commodore Elvis...":D
                          Who built the pyramids?

ELVIS!

Who built Stonehenge?

ELVIS!
                          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                            I've always wanted to ask people who talk about 'curing homosexuality' if that means that heterosexuality can be cured. Seeing as I would not want somebody to try to 'cure' me of heterosexuality..I sure hope not. Just seems logical that if one type of sexuality can be 'cured' then the others could be..right?
                            Oh, but how do you know that you don't want to be cured of your heterosexuality unless you've tried

... yes, I actually have had someone pull that line on me.
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

yeah that is another of my 'favorite' sayings. I mean I am pretty sure I don't want to be ran over by a car, but how would I know until I try!?
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                                So did you like Twilight? <runs>

No. I hated it. I've read the books *gag* and I'll watch the movies, but just to say I have.
                                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                                X